Batman Arkham City Compression Toolkit - Page 12
Register
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Awesome Member

Array

Re: Batman Arkham City Compression Toolkit

so confusing, i cant find my batman.exe anywhere all i have is a save.sdg
    EDIT: nvm found it
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4780 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 37 Times in 9 Posts

Haven Donator
    modder

Array

Just in case anyone wanted to know. If you have scores or medals you want to gain by editing they are located in the first decompressed file. The score shows up twice for each level right next to each other and the medals unlocked for that same level right after the score. Changing the score really does nothing to get the medal though only changes the value in game. If you want to look legit though I recommend changing score anyway. You have to have a score already in the level so you can see where to edit in the file. Seems to be no particular pattern. I'm not sure how to add scores for levels not done yet, or medals either.

Wottstar83

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkeeper View Post
    Just in case anyone wanted to know. If you have scores or medals you want to gain by editing they are located in the first decompressed file. The score shows up twice for each level right next to each other and the medals unlocked for that same level right after the score. Changing the score really does nothing to get the medal though only changes the value in game. If you want to look legit though I recommend changing score anyway. You have to have a score already in the level so you can see where to edit in the file. Seems to be no particular pattern. I'm not sure how to add scores for levels not done yet, or medals either.
    Do you have any info on this - I've looked through the first file but cant find my scores to be able to modify them? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Haven Donator
    modder

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wottstar83 View Post
    Do you have any info on this - I've looked through the first file but cant find my scores to be able to modify them? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    You have to have a score in the level already for it to show in save. If you have some scores and medals post your save and I will edit it.

You can compare afterward to see what was edited.

Wottstar83

Here you go - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBHG5PTV

I have two combat maps with 2 stars. Im keen to do this myself as part of the learning curve so would be great to compare before and after. I should point out I have catwoman and robin dlc (it shouldnt matter but just in case).

Thanks for your help on this

Haven Donator
    modder

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wottstar83 View Post
    Here you go - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBHG5PTV

I have two combat maps with 2 stars. Im keen to do this myself as part of the learning curve so would be great to compare before and after. I should point out I have catwoman and robin dlc (it shouldnt matter but just in case).

Thanks for your help on this
    Since you want to learn I didn't edit the scores just the medals so you might want to change the scores to look legit. Ok open your first decompressed file in hex editor and search for 7C0B (31755 in hex). There should be 2 instances, you need to edit both to an amount that would have gained you the medal. Ok 9 bytes after this number is your medals earned. It was 2 I changed to 3. Next search for 61CB (25035 in hex) and change both instances also. 9 bytes after this is your medals earned for this one also. I changed to 3. Your other ones already had 3 medals so no changes, but you can change the scores if you want. All your scores should show up twice. Hope this helps.

Batman Medals Modded.rar

Wottstar83

Thanks so much - it makes sense now. Going to have a go with an updated save with more medals and see how I get on.

Wottstar83

Your tutorial was very useful. I've actually hit an error which I think is to do with re-compression/re-hash. As a simple recompressed file it isnt accepted in Horizon, so I have to load the original save and replace the file inside with the modified one. When I do that though, all appears fine except the file size doubles (even though it only shows one 288k file) from 344k to about 600k, and up to 900k if i try and re-do (you get the picture). It then crashes the game when i try to load it and i think its because the file isnt 344k any more.

Have you seen this before? Any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated