360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Modded Dead Island Save [Logan] - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    lolokay1

Re: Modded Dead Island Save [Logan]

I'm not going to post anything without Blinky's consent.

The freezing was caused by the 99999999999999x of every weapon so I changed everything back to one.

Also, seeing how everything was orange it looks like someone went to town in MxS editor so I changed everything back to its rightful color. As for the weapons, they are the highest they can go legit (they can go a tiny bit higher but the force would decrease dramatically so it's at the tipping point), no crazy 100000000000 damage or anything. I did this by using a certain string that I'm not ready to share until there's a sam b version of this type of save or if I figure out a way to make a version of it myself.

I'm pretty positive this save is a ISO mod though I could be wrong.

My advice would be to not even use save editing programs and stick with a hex editor, one that has a converter built into it. Just look at the different weapons in hex and you'll start seeing patterns and you'll figure out what to mess with quickly.

xMuRdoKx

I actually used mxs editor to lower the amount of weapons, I do like that editor (tho it kindda bugs me that it turns everything orange but at least for starter it ok Ill go step by step i suppose XD )
    didnt have any issues in game, just didnt try if it would freeze again picking the weapon back again.
    Now Im yet again in an impass, as I said b4, im not pro at hex editing, far from it, and following a steps by steps guide to unencrypt/open a game save got me nowhere, im suppose to extract the save with 7zip BUT 7zip tells me the file cant be extracted like an archive....so im lost -_- Trying that made me realize how of a newbie I really am lol, I guess the save i edited b4 were just made to be easily edited XD
    i must be missing something, I'm wondering what, i can open the save with an hex editor but there isnt much info there except the name of the weapons on the right side of the editor but no other values.... If its encrypted, I'm guessing the file dont open completly lettig me see the values I want to edit... I would like to start by lets say just try out by changing the colors of crafting items in my inventory to make it look more legit.... How would i do that...
    Can you please explain step by step (to the newbie I am XD ) how to remove encryption / open the save, what hex editor u use (using the same will most likely make the explaining eassier) tho I dont wanna have to pay for an hex editor :P ( I got Hex editor Neo, Hex edit, Notepad++)
    I'd be very grateful!

reppoHssarg

Quote Originally Posted by xMuRdoKx View Post
    I actually used mxs editor to lower the amount of weapons, I do like that editor (tho it kindda bugs me that it turns everything orange but at least for starter it ok Ill go step by step i suppose XD )
    didnt have any issues in game, just didnt try if it would freeze again picking the weapon back again.
    Now Im yet again in an impass, as I said b4, im not pro at hex editing, far from it, and following a steps by steps guide to unencrypt/open a game save got me nowhere, im suppose to extract the save with 7zip BUT 7zip tells me the file cant be extracted like an archive....so im lost -_- Trying that made me realize how of a newbie I really am lol, I guess the save i edited b4 were just made to be easily edited XD
    i must be missing something, I'm wondering what, i can open the save with an hex editor but there isnt much info there except the name of the weapons on the right side of the editor but no other values.... If its encrypted, I'm guessing the file dont open completly lettig me see the values I want to edit... I would like to start by lets say just try out by changing the colors of crafting items in my inventory to make it look more legit.... How would i do that...
    Can you please explain step by step (to the newbie I am XD ) how to remove encryption / open the save, what hex editor u use (using the same will most likely make the explaining eassier) tho I dont wanna have to pay for an hex editor :P ( I got Hex editor Neo, Hex edit, Notepad++)
    I'd be very grateful!
    I have a Post about that at:

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...ht=dead+island

I did not mention the editor in it because it had nothing to do with getting the GS you can Hex edit. However I currently use HxD available free at:

http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

xMuRdoKx

Quote Originally Posted by lolokay1 View Post
    I'm pretty positive this save is a ISO mod though I could be wrong.

My advice would be to not even use save editing programs and stick with a hex editor, one that has a converter built into it. Just look at the different weapons in hex and you'll start seeing patterns and you'll figure out what to mess with quickly.
    Do you have an Hex editor with a converter built in to point me to, cuz the ones I hve dont have this I think... well when you say converter you mean to convert ISO file right? ( sorry for my lack of knowledge but I'm a beginner at this so.... )

Inactive Member
    Array

Nearly 500 thread views, only 12 replies, and over 300+ downloads.

If you guys are going to leech, you could atleast give me some credit, and click the "Thanks" button.

This would be much appreciated.

About how I created the save: I've replied back to your Pm on how I made it.

reppoHssarg

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
    Nearly 500 thread views, only 12 replies, and over 300+ downloads.

If you guys are going to leech, you could atleast give me some credit, and click the "Thanks" button.

This would be much appreciated.

About how I created the save: I've replied back to your Pm on how I made it.
    I've hit the Thanks friend and am Sorry! about being lazy and not starting a different thread elsewhere. I wasn't meaning to intrude!

xMuRdoKx

Hmmm sorry dude I guess I didnt actually pressed the thank button (tho i thought I had )
    I did tell you in word tho Thank a bunch for the awesome save and if you would explain how you did it to me too I'd really appreciate....
    All info on the matter can be helpfull to since I'm such a beginner at this stuff! :P
    If you want to pm me about the how to (maybe its a secret :P ) well I will respect the answer what ever it is!
    THX Blinky!

Inactive Member
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by xMuRdoKx View Post
    Hmmm sorry dude I guess I didnt actually pressed the thank button (tho i thought I had )
    I did tell you in word tho Thank a bunch for the awesome save and if you would explain how you did it to me too I'd really appreciate....
    All info on the matter can be helpfull to since I'm such a beginner at this stuff! :P
    If you want to pm me about the how to (maybe its a secret :P ) well I will respect the answer what ever it is!
    THX Blinky!
    I created this save by using an unreleased game save edtior. I'm a BETA tester for it, the success of this gamesave means the editor will be released soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast