360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
iso modding after lt. 2.0
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eviljasonn

iso modding after lt. 2.0

well I updated my drive. So I could play the newer games. and it works fine for the newer ones like gow 3. But now none of my games like gears 2 that have iso mods on them work. and it is a offline console so I only have tu 4 so they should work. but gears 3 after iso modding doesn't work or dead rising 2 and dead rising off the record. I get disc is unreadable or the game boots up then sends me back to the dash. and the when I try to install the disk to the hud to try it. I get a error saying there is not a valid xbox 360 storage devise plugged in. Any one got any thoughts tips or tricks.

News Reporter

Array

Re: iso modding after lt. 2.0

By iso modding do mean modded files or modded xex?

I know with the xex files that the TU will only work with the original default xex, a modded one will cause the game to error out and not boot up. I was tearing my hair out for about a week trying to figure out why I couldn't get Mortal Kombat to work with the TU that lets you use the DLC characters, it wasn't until someone on here pointed out that I might be using BrenJ's modded xex and thats where the problem will lie.

If its modded files then I'm not sure dude.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7325 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

eviljasonn

it's not the xex they are all original. modded xex's are only good on a jtag which mine died awhile ago. but thanks

Array

Quote Originally Posted by eviljasonn View Post
    well I updated my drive. So I could play the newer games. and it works fine for the newer ones like gow 3. But now none of my games like gears 2 that have iso mods on them work. and it is a offline console so I only have tu 4 so they should work. but gears 3 after iso modding doesn't work or dead rising 2 and dead rising off the record. I get disc is unreadable or the game boots up then sends me back to the dash. and the when I try to install the disk to the hud to try it. I get a error saying there is not a valid xbox 360 storage devise plugged in. Any one got any thoughts tips or tricks.
    One possibility is to get a spare drive, flash it with an older fw that works for those iso-mods.
    I have no idea why they don't work though, I've always used jtag's when making mods, just to avoid the hassle (& cost) of burning discs, hell I haven't burned a 360 disc in 2 years :D

Haven Donator

Array

well, its same situation like me, my console is flashed with LT+2.0 and not the jtag, i use the iso mod for rage. after loading the game, got a black screen for few second then pop up message that disc not supported error. now my console ben flag with fail ap2.5 challenge. just dont know why the iso mod isnt working any more...
    Downloads : 86 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5434 || Posts : 498 || Thanks : 246 || Thanked 216 Times in 66 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by doket View Post
    well, its same situation like me, my console is flashed with LT+2.0 and not the jtag, i use the iso mod for rage. after loading the game, got a black screen for few second then pop up message that disc not supported error. now my console ben flag with fail ap2.5 challenge. just dont know why the iso mod isnt working any more...
    Looks like they have clamped down the security on the discs. Im surprise more have not noticed this earlier if it is the case. Maybe its something new in the latest dash?

Array

Quote Originally Posted by doket View Post
    What dashboard are you guys with problems on btw?

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_thief View Post
    What dashboard are you guys with problems on btw?
    i have the latest dashboard...
    Downloads : 86 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5434 || Posts : 498 || Thanks : 246 || Thanked 216 Times in 66 Posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast