360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[TUTORIAL] Hex Editing Dungeon Defenders
Register
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

[TUTORIAL] Hex Editing Dungeon Defenders

People have wanted a more in-depth tutorial for HEXing this game, so I've decided to elaborate on the matter a bit.
    Since I've been helping people and it's become a bit overwhelming, I'm gonna make this and hope for the best.
    This can be coupled with my other tutorial on how to ready your save for editing.
    This will use names from my other tutorial, so be familiar with it to understand this one fully.

Requirements:
    Idlehands88's Picture
    My Tutorial
    Fairchild's Decompression Toolkit
    Hex Workshop (or another hex editing tool)

Key:
    7F = 127
    FE = 254
    FF = 255
    (At "7F" stats are disabled and below they are negative. Stats can be set to any number from 1-128. Take your number add it to 127 and then convert it from a dec to hex. Example: I want 47 hero health. 47 + 127 = 174 = AE)

Steps:
    1. Open "save.decompressed" in Hex Workshop.
    2. Find your weapon. (The easiest way to do this is to level it up fully and rename it, then look for the name)
    3. Find the beginning of the stats. (The stats for each weapon are before the name. Look for the end of the previous weapon and follow the end look for "01 02 03". This is where the stats begin)
    4. The first four bytes (two numbers/letters together) following "01 02 03" are Resistances. These should only be changed for pieces of armor.
    Changing these to "FF" or "FE" will suffice.
    5. The fifth byte does nothing (that I know of) and should be left alone.
    6. The next four bytes control hero stats. These can also be set to "FF" or "FE" to max them out.
    7. The next two are hero abilities. Thse can also be set to "FE" or "FF" to max them out.
    8. The next four are tower stats and can also be maxed out.
    9. Next is physical damage. I change mine to "00 FF FD FE". This is more than enough attack.
    10. Additional projectiles is next. This should not be set high because it will make your game lag. Setting it to "93" may even be a bit high.
    11. Projectile speed can be a bit crazy and I use "00 00 FF FF".
    12. Elemental damage type follows and has a few settings.
    01 = Poison
    02 = Fire
    03 = Electric
    13. With elemental damage you should follow the same rules as physical damage. "00 FF FD FE"
    14. The next four are item size and should just be left alone unless you have a good understanding of hex.
    15. Skip four bytes and then you are at current upgrades. This can be changed to "01" to reset the upgrades you have used.
    16. Skip four more and then you are at weapon ranged. This can be set to "FE" for Huntress and Apprentice weapos. Even Monk weapons should work.
    17. Skip four and you're at clip size. This can be set t "00 FF FD FE" for a large clip on a gun/bow.
    18. Reload speed should only be changed for a bow/gun. Set it to "FE" for maximum.
    19. Knockback bonus can be set to "FE" for maximum knockback.
    20. Charge speed can also be set to "FE" for Apprentice weapons.
    21. Shots per second is for Huntresses and pets. Set this to "FE" for max.
    22. Primary, secondary, quality and item color can all be left alone.
    23. Max upgrade level is how many times you can level it up. I suggest "64" which is 100.

This tutorial was written while I was tired. Please take heed whilst reading it. I will revise it when I akaen.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4648 || Posts : 50 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 109 Times in 10 Posts

Too many people have have added me.
    Message me on here first, then I'll give you my GT.

2. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to godslam For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Slamel

Re: [TUTORIAL] Hex Editing Dungeon Defenders

Thanks again for helping me out online. This tutorial is rockin. Now, I asked this in the other thread, but figure this might be a better place. Is editing familiars the same as items?

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Slamel View Post
    Thanks again for helping me out online. This tutorial is rockin. Now, I asked this in the other thread, but figure this might be a better place. Is editing familiars the same as items?
    Yes. The setup and location of stats for weapons, armor and familiars is the same.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4648 || Posts : 50 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 109 Times in 10 Posts

Too many people have have added me.
    Message me on here first, then I'll give you my GT.

djsun

thanks a ton godslam for this in depth tutorial, it answered every question i was stuck on. now i have some badass gear! thx again

Hazic

Hey Godslam man im stuck I dont understand how the very first time i attempt to do this im successful!!! My bow is amazing but ...... I haven't been able to do it again... ive been trying for over 4 hours to get a second weapon but I cant do it whats goin on man?? im going insane here

VGC Juggernaut1

I was hoping someone could help me. My Gamer tag is VGC Juggernaut1, I had a set of gloves made by someone and by chance i was able to aquire them but i for some unknown reason... sold them :'( i was hoping someone could help me please cause i dont have a lot of PC skills for editing the items, I have a fair chunk of mana in game.. could someone please help me?

Grim

ive been trying to mod it all night on my level 14 account i managed to mod my gloves but didnt get the resist done, i then tryed to mod all my armour and weapons i edited everything right and when i went into the game nothing was edited, now ive been trying it on my maxed acount with all acomplishments and level 70's and when i try to decompress it dd.exe stops working, ive tryed it in run and cmd neither have worked also tryed it on two computers, so idk whats going on, im willing to give out my save file for either a video tutorial or some custom modded items that someone create's for me just so that they wont disapear if someone joins my game with modded item's.
    add my gt xii r34p3r iix if your able to help can check that i have all acomplishments if you like as well, legit looking items prefered sort of.

demonichate

hey godslam umm i have a question you wouldn't happen to know the hex for editing the colors would you? and is there any way to edit the mana cost of an item? i don't find it right that a crappy bow costs 1.5 mil in the tavern shop.

Edit: also you said you were tired while writing soo was wonderinf did you swap the FE with EF by accident? the reason i ask is becaus eof idlehands tut saying EF was max. because if it is really FE it would explain why when i did shot speed on a weapon it went to -1.2 mill it was hilarious out runnign a fireball to the practice dummy but not very practical

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast