360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
good rpgs - Page 4
Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good rpgs

zaieon

Re: good rpgs

I love RPGs. I would suggest people, who read this, play Ar Tonelico, Star Ocean, Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, and the upcoming game this July called Catherine :D

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Enchanted Arms used to be a 360 exclusive. I would definitely recommend it, despite the lack of overworld map (I feel the same way, I miss the old FF games with overworld, and I still think Vesperia is the best RPG I've ever played), if for nothing else than there being very few JRPGs on the 360. Enchanted Arms has a kind of Pokémon-esque battle system where you can recruit enemies and use them in battle, and the number of enemies is HUGE. Not only that, but there are four main characters that you play. The story is a decent short-middle length, but there are a couple things to do after you beat the game, plus it has 1v1 online multiplayer (not sure if anybody plays anymore, though). If nothing else, this game is at least worth it for the easy 1000 GS (all achievements are story based).

Other than Vesperia, my favorite RPG on 360 is Star Ocean 4. One of the longer titles (three discs) Star Ocean has a very unique and fun battle system (like a complex version of what you can expect from current Tales games) as well as quite a bit to do outside the main story. The plot is a pretty typical anime-like story, but there are some interesting plot points here and there. The thing that sets this game apart from others is the character development; you can choose to just play through the normal story as quick as possible, or you can try to learn more about each character in your party by talking to them in your down time. The game keeps track of Edge's relationship with each character, and you unlock certain endings based on that, each ending carrying an achievement. You can also create your own weapons and item, which adds a big bit of personal flavor, as well as being a fun (if not repetitive) minigame. While this game isn't as good as Star Ocean 3 for the PS2 (in my opinion) it is still a must if you are a 360 owner and into JRPGs.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

The Last Remnant
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon
    Tales of Vesperia
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Enchanted Arms
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4994 || Posts : 314 || Thanks : 27 || Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

This is nice : WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES 2
    MUST Try!!!

Stellar25

I wasn't a big fan of the first WKC, what did they do to WKC 2?

Also, I love Valkyria Chronicles!

Noctis Caelum

never played neither game nor heard of them..time to look them up on youtube

Advertiser

Array

Any RPG type game that fits the follow 4 rules is what I look for ( No doubt you all know games that fit these):

1. Large and open world
    2. Lots of character customization
    3. Lots to do and find in game (when not doing main quest.......side missions, jobs, mini games, collectables etc etc )
    4. Reasonable replay value.

All the games I own fit into these.

Array

borderlands!!!
    and resonance of fate...really great rpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast