Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VIP Member

Array

Final Fantasy VII remake would take too long - Square

Name:  17ddc9a660.jpg
Views: 3186
Size:  21.1 KB
    Let's just face it: A HD 3D remake of Final Fantasy VII isn't going to happen.
    Square's responses to questioning over a much-requested remake have always been a bit cautious. The 'we here your cries but have no current plans' sort of responses. But Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase's finally given the candid answer we sort of knew anyway - it'd take too long and cost too much. Here's his full response, spoken during an interview with our friends at OXM: "In the transition between XIII to XIII-2, it was quite easy because obviously we kept all the data and the engine - we had just finished using them so it was almost like they hadn't gone cold. The technology was already warm and ready to use, so it was quite good. Also within the team, we still had a feel for the game, it was still new to us, still lingering with us, so we were ready to move on to the sequel. "But if we were to take one of the past Final Fantasy titles and make a sequel to it, I think that would be a lot more challenging because when they were on PlayStation and PlayStation 2 their actual game volume was a lot bigger, kind of. "Graphically they weren't as advanced as they are now, but there were lots of towns and worlds and cities and whatever. So if we were to recreate the same kind of game - sequel or not - with the same volume, but give it a much higher level of graphical quality, it would us take three times, four times, even ten times longer to make such a game. So making a sequel for an old game would be a lot more challenging." Will we stop dreaming now?
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6951 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Final Fantasy VII remake would take too long - Square

And that ends the endless rumors of FF7 being remade.

Maybe now they can focus on FF6 instead. Heh
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5868 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all my hopes and dreams destroyed XD
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24455 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array

thats likely why they made the final fantasy films instead to try and make up for droping the remake.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

that comment from square made me really laugh...
    But if we were to take one of the past Final Fantasy titles and make a sequel to it, I think that would be a lot more challenging because when they were on PlayStation and PlayStation 2 their actual game volume was a lot bigger, kind of. "Graphically they weren't as advanced as they are now, but there were lots of towns and worlds and cities and whatever. So if we were to recreate the same kind of game - sequel or not - with the same volume, but give it a much higher level of graphical quality, it would us take three times, four times, even ten times longer to make such a game. So making a sequel for an old game would be a lot more challenging.
    and this really settle the argument about game complexity and what is prioritized... this is quite sad indeed
    "it is way to challenging to create good games there for we make games that look great
    but we don't need a good story a world that is big or a world that was built with care. such things cost too much.
    people love such games and they would play game multiple times... that's not good for business. people need to buy a new game after finishing with one
    they don't even have to finish the game but we can make them buy a new one.

no one need games that people would play over and over again" (well that is some sort of translation of the text from text above)

i wish that the time will come again when game developer create their games with more care for the game itself
    i also miss those old days where i had a lot of fun playing games, games that kept my interest in them going
    these days when i play a game.... i stop playing it after a little while as they are no fun or not really interesting... even if they seemed interesting/fun at the beginning
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7475 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

g35

Couldnt agree more. I had long given up hope of a FF7 remake.

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post

that comment from square made me really laugh...

and this really settle the argument about game complexity and what is prioritized... this is quite sad indeed
    "it is way to challenging to create good games there for we make games that look great
    but we don't need a good story a world that is big or a world that was built with care. such things cost too much.
    people love such games and they would play game multiple times... that's not good for business. people need to buy a new game after finishing with one
    they don't even have to finish the game but we can make them buy a new one.

no one need games that people would play over and over again" (well that is some sort of translation of the text from text above)

i wish that the time will come again when game developer create their games with more care for the game itself
    i also miss those old days where i had a lot of fun playing games, games that kept my interest in them going
    these days when i play a game.... i stop playing it after a little while as they are no fun or not really interesting... even if they seemed interesting/fun at the beginning

Array

pfff....... better to spend 10 years making a remake of games like FFVI, FFVII FFVIII than release those crappy things bearing the name "Final Fantasy"

Inactive Member
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by arthurfrade View Post
    pfff....... better to spend 10 years making a remake of games like FFVI, FFVII FFVIII than release those crappy things bearing the name "Final Fantasy"
    So true :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast