360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2* - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Array

meaw Re: [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2*

*_+ do I have to whip out my turbo controller, or can I just manually add in all the stats with hex? If I stop being lazy and hex edit my character, I might as well be lazy when doing it xD
    I'm lookin' to go about 1mil on all 4 characters, so that is a lot of button pressing (or in my case, waiting), and you can just tell me later on the 360 if you don't wanna make it too easy for people.

If you actually want to prevent people from causing their heads to explode, then I think these few things might help:

Any idea how many points it takes to break a tower's attack rate?
    Will it help if we purchase a restat before we hex edit?
    What happens to our modded character after we purchase a restat?
    Is the hex code for mana in the picture, and if not, where is it?
    (QUOTE=Bog x kills) what do all these numbers mean (/QUOTE)

^ lol just kidding ^

I will always be willing to answer any questions given to me on the 360, so send me a message! I answer everybody very quickly
    Downloads : 6 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4543 || Posts : 17 || Thanks : 6 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gamertag: Shnibadab0bin (that's a zero in there)
    Current Project: Optimizing Computers So many new laptops *_+

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2*

Quote Originally Posted by I8AB2Day View Post
    *_+ do I have to whip out my turbo controller, or can I just manually add in all the stats with hex? If I stop being lazy and hex edit my character, I might as well be lazy when doing it xD
    I'm lookin' to go about 1mil on all 4 characters, so that is a lot of button pressing (or in my case, waiting), and you can just tell me later on the 360 if you don't wanna make it too easy for people.

If you actually want to prevent people from causing their heads to explode, then I think these few things might help:

^ lol just kidding ^

I will always be willing to answer any questions given to me on the 360, so send me a message! I answer everybody very quickly
    Yes you can just manually mod each stat to what you want them to be. I have my character set to 10mil. For my stats I have 10mil in each Tower stat (3 stats) except for Radius on my Huntress and Monk and Fire Rate on Squire and Apprentice as that will just break the towers lol. Then I have 9.5mil in Hero Health and 50k in all other Hero Stats/Abilities and 5k in Radius or Fire Rate.
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14275 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by I8AB2Day View Post

^ lol just kidding ^

it would b smart NOT to buy a restat before so you have at least some comparable 'benchmarks' to relate to.
    If you buy a restat once your character is modded (in level, and stats) it will reset to the level equivalent to the amount of experience you have, maxing at level 70 (right now, ther is going to be a patch/update to increase the maximum level)
    the max mana is not in this picture, BUT the amount your character can hold is linked/connected to the level of your character (in game, not Tavern).

As for your question of adding skill points in game, that is not possible with a modded level, you need to add them you your save then your are modding your level. You can have less skill points than your max on your character (example- if you have a level 1million you would have 4,000,019 skill points [total] so you can have 4million added and have 19 left over, and you will not reset your character then you load your gavesave, but they will NOT pop up in game to be distributed)

As for when your towers break, i know the Mage's breaks around 17,000-18,000 (total attack rate), but I usually keep my attack rate of my huntress and squire around 10,000 (00 00 27 10 in hex) I haven't modded a monk yet. so i can't tell you on that one :s
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 12-26-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4718 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by SSSTONERRR View Post
    As for when your towers break, i know the Mage's breaks around 17,000-18,000 (total attack rate), but I usually keep my attack rate of my huntress and squire around 10,000 (00 00 27 10 in hex) I haven't modded a monk yet. so i can't tell you on that one :s
    For Monk Tower Radius, I'd recommend keeping the radius to 1,000 or less. Anything bigger and you are going a bit overkill to the point where it's hard to even find a large enough area to place a tower orb. Even at 1,000 they are are fairly large.
    Last edited by enjoythebuttterbake; 12-27-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Gfx Artist

Array

To be honest it wouldn't matter if you were offline, your levels are still logged in your save, so if you as much as log online with the game save it will be uploaded to the servers, and Trendy will more than likely just reset modded gamesaves, and with ANY modification (to a gamesave, account, or xbox) has the chance of being reset/banned that is the risk every one takes...

As for Microsoft banning people for game save modding they won't take any action for that... They would ban over half of the Xbox Community if they started doing that. its just Trendy we need to worry about, and the worst thing they can do is ban you from the server, which is unlikely.

Besides more than likely when they do implement a patch/fix the are gonig to add a VAC system to delete any items that surpass the in-game damage/stats/resistances they choose to cap out at...
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4718 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by enjoythebuttterbake View Post
    For Monk Tower Radius, I'd recommend keeping the radius to 1,000 or less. Anything bigger and you are going a bit overkill to the point where it's hard to even find a large enough area to place a tower orb. Even at 1,000 they are are fairly large.
    If you ask me 500 is big enough for auras lol, or 250 for that matter.

Edit: sorry for double post...
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 12-28-2011 at 08:36 PM.

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Mattz0r

thanks very much my mate has been bugging me for this great job keep up the good work dude

hint-maybe do something with mass effect 3 when its released in march
    :)

Preet

you havent told us what codes to put in... like how do u know wht code to put in for level 1000?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast