360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressing?
Register

View Poll Results: Should it be released?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

13 61.90%
  • No, i don't think it would help much...

8 38.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gfx Artist

Array

Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressing?

This has been released link below!
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...ce-%2AFixed%2A
    Link if not clickable-
    Code:
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?9657-Dungeon-Defenders-Compression-Decompression-Interface-%2AFixed%2A

Here's a teaser to show what it would look like (not the coding, the cmd/.exe)

Interface ran without "DD-modding" made or "DunDefHeroes.dun" placed in "DD-modding"

Interface ran without "DunDefHeroes.dun" placed in "DD-modding"

Interface ran with all files in correct places

Loop feature will allow you to continuously decompress and compress, with out relaunching the Interface.

I have added Directory checks, so if you have "DunDefHeroes.dun", or" DD-modding" (folder) in to correct location it would not tell you to move it, or that it has been created.
    I have added directory check if you haven't moved "DunDefHeroes.dun" to "DD-modding" it will loop until you move "DunDefHeroes.dun" to "DD-modding"
    as well as universal directories for file placement, and the dd.exe (Created By: fairchild [verson 0.3.0b]) embedded, auto file creator for desktop and user friendly interface
    (either you could enter "decompress" or "d" to decompress, and "compress" or "c" to compress)
    Yes- i have been working on it a bit

FULLY working, but I need a couple people to test it to make sure it works on all alien-ware/windows/mac/what ever lol
    that is if the community agree's that it would be beneficial for it to be released, and if it was, where should it be placed... (what section)

I have gotten approval from fairchild to embed dd.exe in my interface, and have decided (with the approval from the community [although minimal]) to release the interface, once I have a few people test it, to make sure it has been coded correctly to operate correctly on most/if not all computers/labtops.

SSSTONERRR
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 01-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4718 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SSSTONERRR For This Useful Post:

TrainerCard

Re: Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressi

Yes this would be so much easier

brettc0103

Re: Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressi

This would be great, It would help the community alot

BackSmack

This would be great, It would help the community a lot of ways.

Lifetime Stealth baby ;)
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

I think the "beginners" should figure it out themselves only way they'll learn to do something without being fed like a baby there are many tutorials already and if u cant follow them u should learn and NOT by begging others to do it for u
    Downloads : 183 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5416 || Posts : 521 || Thanks : 506 || Thanked 221 Times in 83 Posts

Thanks Original Boss your a beast!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Countryboy For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Redneckromeo View Post
    I think the "beginners" should figure it out themselves only way they'll learn to do something without being fed like a baby there are many tutorials already and if u cant follow them u should learn and NOT by begging others to do it for u
    I agree plus they should not be modding if they cant follow a simple tutorial watch the poll 500 to 250 500- being LEACHERS

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Redneckromeo View Post
    I agree, but that doesn't mean that anyone who does know how to decompress/compress wants to re-type the cmd every time they close it, or the fact that not every one is using a computer that allows them to "copy/paste" in cmd.

Or the fact that the forums are STILL getting flooded with people not knowing how to use DD.exe so I'm just posting a simple .exe, making it some what easier, so we dont need to see those people constantly posting complaints... To be quite frank it gets annoying, in my opinion...

But I will agree that I don't want modding Dungeon Defenders (or any game for that matter) to be as easy as "Borderlands"... saying that I am not even thinking about developing a game save modding program...

Quote Originally Posted by ytv View Post
    I agree plus they should not be modding if they cant follow a simple tutorial
    Most people that don't know how to mod the game either bug other modders that do, spam post on the forums, or give up... Regardless of what path they take I (personally) am helping a few people here and there that need some help, and people message me alot, and I am getting quite annoyed, on the questions saying... 'Help me start modding, i can't get dd.exe to start'
    I usually ignore those questions, but the shear number of messages I am getting regarding dd.exe is getting increasingly large.

Besides I made this out of shear boredom the other day, and have been working on it since I got people over playing Skyrim... NO ONE asked me to make it, and I'll admit it its not much of a change, but it does help.

Ps- I voted yes... I am no leacher.
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 12-31-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4718 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Mattz0r

im not the best of modders i normally try to find a tool
    but idlehands88 and godslams tutorials were so easy to follow that if you cant why
    bother modding in the first place
    But im one of the majority who have to repeatedly type it into cmd so this would be quicker
    do whatever you think is right
    :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast