Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
I can understand how a person would feel if they were working on an editor and you might have released yours first: they might have wanted to make theirs be the first out and could get a little upset about it. But I can't imagine that it would go any further than "well shucks, I guess mine won't be out first, good work" and then move on. There's no reason in the world for a mature person to make a fuss about their work not being the only one.

So yeah, unless you yourself just don't feel like making editors anymore, then there's no reason to stop. I understand that the only ripples you want to make in the community are the good kind (I feel the same way) but if somebody is making a huge deal about something as benign as who has the best editor for such-and-such game then you'd probably be doing the community a favor by running them off via butthurt. The mature programmer wouldn't fight back with mean words, they'd fight back with honest competition, or better yet they'd attempt to team up with you.

If, at any point, you mention making an editor for a game and somebody says "I'm already making one for this game" then make yours anyway. Chances are they're just letting you know that they're already making an editor so that (A) you don't get upset when you release yours only to have theirs released as well, and (B) so that you don't feel as though you have to make one or one won't be made. Besides, you never know, your editor might be better than the other person's, or it might do more things, or even different things. All's fair in love and war, as they say.
good words...yea i love doin them i just learned 2 weeks ago and now i cant stop so if anyone did get mad i honestly wouldnt care just dont like type argueing lol over the internet.....either way a few to alot of ppl respect and enjoy my work so look for more editors as i just released one for Sonic generations, as u seen already lol...