[Release] Chao Editor Redux - Page 6
Register
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Chao Editor Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Caladius View Post
    not sure how often everyone checks this thread, but i notice alot of members talking about the xbox version. curious if this program is only going to be used for the xbox versions, or if the pc versions will also be modable in the update as well? also i have some pc sa2b save files if needed for testing i could send.
    That's a good question. As some of you may know, Renegade is working on an AIO Xbox Sonic editor, and I'm helping him here and there where I can. My biggest contribution to his AIO is my Chao editor. Since his AIO focuses on Xbox Sonic games, then first and foremost, my biggest goal is to get everything working for the Xbox. After all is said and done, I hope to somehow include PS3/PC compatibility with at least SA1, though I'll try for SA2 if possible.

TL;DR version, I want to include compatibility for all three current platforms, but only after I've finished Xbox compatibility, and even then only if it seems doable.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6843 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

It shouldn't be too hard to port, at least for 360 and PC. The save files look almost identical. I haven't figured out the encryption either, so I'm not sure if they're exactly the same, but...worth mentioning.

Caladius

Agreed, I spent some time earlier today looking through the save files. the Sonic2B_ALF file is the Chao save on pc. So far it looks pretty straight forward, though I have not figured out where you change the grades at yet. I know PC isnt your priority, although I hope this helps for any systems that use the same structure. Ill include my Save File and a screen cap of my findings.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chao.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	10405
    Attached Files Attached Files

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Caladius View Post
    Agreed, I spent some time earlier today looking through the save files. the Sonic2B_ALF file is the Chao save on pc. So far it looks pretty straight forward, though I have not figured out where you change the grades at yet. I know PC isnt your priority, although I hope this helps for any systems that use the same structure. Ill include my Save File and a screen cap of my findings.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chao.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	10405
    It's pretty similar to the SA1 Chao data. For instance, I know that the Chao name doesn't start with a random symbol. Notice how the other three letters are capital? Go to the fortune teller, look at the first letter of your Chao's name, and move up two spaces: that's the symbol! For some reason, the game moves the letters two spaces above what you actually picked. Based on what I see, I'd say your Chao's name is Cala?

Really what I need is for somebody to figure out the details of the checksum in the save. Once I know how to fix it, I'll be able to start work immediately. It's the only thing holding me back right now, and it's got me at a standstill.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6843 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

0x0000FAA4 - 0x0000FAAB

if anyone else wants to take a shot at it

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gizonde View Post
    0x0000FAA4 - 0x0000FAAB

if anyone else wants to take a shot at it
    Thanks. I'm looking into it now. I'll let you know if something comes up.

EDIT: I don't think that's the check.
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 11-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.

--Gamefaqs.com

Array

it's the only string different at a fixed location in my saves that looks like a typical hash of some sort (changes completely at the same location)

F936 B85E F2DA 7400
    DEE7 D22D 1B68 33DC
    2DF6 BFB4 A562 667F
    A393 F4FE F957 8A2D

are you looking at the extracted file? the offset is different if you aren't (probably doesn't matter for this game but it does in another I was looking at, so I started extracting the save out of habit...)

every other difference between the four files is typically chao data differences or too short/similar to be a hash

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Yeah, I'm looking at the extracted file. I figure if a hash is calculated, it would probably only encompass that.

I'm having trouble matching it to anything. If I knew what was checked, I might be able to figure out the algorithm.

--Gamefaqs.com