360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Armored Core V Rumbles to Life
Register
    VIP Member

Array

Armored Core V Rumbles to Life

Giant robots fight over real estate.

What is Armored Core V?
    It's the latest chapter in the long-running mech combat franchise from FromSoftware, where all-out war with armored units is combined with strategy, suit customization, and a persistent profile that tracks progress both on- and offline.

According to FromSoftware, the biggest change between Armored Core V and previous chapters is ever-present online, even if you play single-player and never set foot in online battles. When you join Armored Core V, you choose a faction. Everything you accomplish contributes to the overall welfare and success of your allied faction.

Wait – I'm Always Online?
    Yes, your persistent profile is critical to the world of Armored Core V. As stated, you never have to actually participate in huge online battles, but you will miss out on the most significant new feature if you opt out of multiplayer. As you score victories for your faction in single-player or alongside your faction online, you gain control of virtual territory. There is a limited amount of real estate in the world, and the ultimate goal is to control as much as possible. Everything you do is poured into the faction's land grab.

Seizing territory isn't the singular goal of Armored Core V, though. Factions may customize their acquired territory. Not only can you add physical features to your territory, but also set up missions and gauntlets for opponents to attempt. If rivals succeed, they may acquire some of your faction's hard-won territory.

See more images.

I Still Get to Customize My Robot, Right?
    Of course. There are over 500 items to acquire and use to make your Armored Core a beautiful snowflake unique to you. However, the mechs in Armored Core V are smaller than those in previous chapters. The reason for this looks like speed, but it could also figure into FromSoftware's online plans that might not be so accommodating to skyscraper-sized robots.

When Does It Come Out?
    Armored Core V hits Japan in late 2011. North America and Europe must wait until early 2012.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6957 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

Array
    Twitter: @
    According to FromSoftware, the biggest change between Armored Core V and previous chapters is ever-present online, even if you play single-player and never set foot in online battles. When you join Armored Core V, you choose a faction. Everything you accomplish contributes to the overall welfare and success of your allied faction.
    Well i havent played ALL previous chapters,but i have been playing AC4answer (and thanks to JizzaBeez(or who the hell did it) coz he made a S.E. for this game...still it didnt aid me as much as i wanted it to be but) and at the Start of the Game u Actually choose Faction that will provide u with corresponding mech!!!

Wait – I'm Always Online?
    Yes, your persistent profile is critical to the world of Armored Core V. As stated, you never have to actually participate in huge online battles, but you will miss out on the most significant new feature if you opt out of multiplayer. As you score victories for your faction in single-player or alongside your faction online, you gain control of virtual territory. There is a limited amount of real estate in the world, and the ultimate goal is to control as much as possible. Everything you do is poured into the faction's land grab.
    Thats sucks for me, coz my xbox is banned from live :P

VIP Member

Array
    as far as choosing a faction i think they mean something along the lines of world of warcraft in other words. you choose a faction and everything you accomplish will help the faction world wide not just in game. kind of like a persistent world.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6957 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by jkipp82 View Post
    as far as choosing a faction i think they mean something along the lines of world of warcraft in other words. you choose a faction and everything you accomplish will help the faction world wide not just in game. kind of like a persistent world.
    Oh, that sound cool...but there was something like that in AC4answer, but it was like "Choose this or this mission" like with a new branch,then u help the faction...but the WoW system in AC series? Lets wait n then find out...

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Nice info cant wait for this game
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24461 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

VIP Member

Array
    another way to look at it is guild wars factions. in guild wars factions everybody benefits from what you do for the faction.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    The factions system sounds almost identical to Chromehounds, another giant mech game made by FromSoftware. In Chromehounds, you choose which faction you fight for when you first start online play and each faction fights each other in a real estate war. Whoever wins the most real estate after about a month or so win the war, then it restarts and player get to change their faction or stay with the one they already have, rinse and repeat.

Armored Core: For Answer has a watered down faction system, but it only really matters in single player when trying to get certain endings. Hopefully this will be something closer to Chromehounds than ACFA.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6838 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com