360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dead Space 2 Power Node Glitch
Register
    Array

meaw Dead Space 2 Power Node Glitch

just thought i would post this here for those of you still waiting for the save editor to get sorted out.

the room that replenishes the items requires a power node for access.

The Save Station in the is located on Chapter 14 after the anti-gravity section. Shortly after sticking your eye with needle, you'll be chased by the necromorph that doesn't die. You'll eventually reach the anti-gravity section. After you pass the anti gravity section, you go through two doors and on your right will be a door requiring a power node for access. This is room that replenishing the items. You'll find the Save Station two more doors if you head left from that T intersection.

Steps (read description above to locate starting point):
    1. Unlock the door with a power node. Title above door: 6: Secure Storage, Power Node Access Only
    2. Advance through two more doors to reach a Store, Bench, and Save Station.
    3. Save at Save Station after the anti-gravity section on Chapter 14.
    4. Reload the save point by quitting to main menu
    5. Back track to the anti-gravity area (most of time you can go directly to the room). Once you get back to the anti-gravity area, go back through the last two doors and go into the room on your right. This is the room that required a power node to open. Inside this room is where I find either 2 power nodes, 1 ruby semiconductor, and/or 3k credit.
    6. Go back to Save Station and save the game.
    7. Repeat steps 4-6 asmany times as you need.

NOTE: the items seem to stack and stay there to a point (i think it's about 12 items or so) so once you save then quit and reload just go into to the room and see whats there, there seems to be a pattern as to what appears there,

for me it was 6 different things when i did the goto room collect then save:

1. 2 nodes and a ruby semiconductor
    2. 3,000 credits
    3. 3,000 credits
    4. 1 node
    5. 3,000 credits
    6. 3,000 credits

who knows how long it will be before they patch it so get as much as you can while you can.

Haven Donator

Array
    worst comes to worse they patch go offline :)

Haven Donator

Array
    do EA patch it already? because i play the game online and there is not any new update and i guess still doable...
    Downloads : 86 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5403 || Posts : 498 || Thanks : 246 || Thanked 216 Times in 66 Posts

purpletentacles
    If you manage to get it to show up with 2 nodes and a ruby semiconductor you can always do the dupe method. Works quite well

Dupe Method.

I did this at chapter 14, as well as chapter 7 (especially since the chapter 7 save is right next to the node room)

1. When you get to the node room use kinesis to grab the semiconductor but do not pick it up.
    2. Drop it right inside the door
    3. Backtrack to the save point
    4. Save your game then reload from checkpoint
    5. When you get back to the node room kinesis the same semiconductor that you dropped and just repeat the process

When you go back to the room the semi conductor you picked up will be there as well as another one in the location you picked it up from. As well as power nodes (so basically now 4 nodes will be sitting on the table) you can continue to do this as many times as you want and at any node room from what I have found. Kinda beats backing out to the main menu then loading up all over again. Either way all the items but the semi conductor at the door will duplicate and stack on top of one another.

If this doesn't make any sense I am sorry but i suck at giving directions.

Array
    it only seems to work for me if i back out to the main menu and as i was saying even if you just go into the room to see whats in there and don't pick anything up the next set of items spawns on top of the others, so it end up with about 3-4 ruby semiconductors and about 6-8 powernodes and maybey some credits there too (i picked it all up too quick so didn't check) aslong as you open the door and check it either duplicates any items or spawns the next set on top of the other set and you can have 3-4 sets of items in the room at any time.

and i tried the node door in chapter 7 too but it didn't spawn again for me.

purpletentacles
    Found a video of it but guess you can pick up the credits. I have done this until the room was damn near full. Only downfall here is no store near this save

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJI87bA-8wU

Array
    well there is a store but to get to it you have to backtrack a fair bit (i think it's pretty much in the last room that you can backtrak to in that area) so it would take a bit of time.