Hackers and/or slashers, listen up. Dungeon Siege 3 has officially been given a North American release date. The Obsidian-developed dungeon crawler will hit shelves on May 31, and publisher Square Enix has detailed a number of retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses to entice players.
Most pre-orders include some in-game items, though both Walmart and Steam offer more tangible bonuses. Walmart is offering a mini Dungeon Siege comic from Dark Horse and a mini Prima strategy guide. Meanwhile, those who pre-order on Steam will receive free single-player versions of the original Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege 2.
For the moment, it seems that the first two Dungeon Siege titles will be exclusive to those who pre-order the game. Whether or not they are offered for individual purchase in the future is "still under internal discussions" at Square Enix. See the breakdown of each retailer's pre-order bonuses after the break.
* In-game ring: Burning Band of Scorch -- Adds fire damage to all attacks
* In game necklace: Talisman of the Grand Mage -- Reduces damage and grants a special attack
* Free downloads of single-player versions of Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege 2
* In-game ring: Bite of the Arakun -- Adds poison effect to attacks
* In-game amulet: Sacred Heart of the Legion -- Increases health and pushes enemies back whenever player is struck
* Mini Dark Horse comic and mini Prima strategy guide