360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
DarkSouls save corrupted! Fixable with modding or new save file is the route to go?
Register
    Why me whyyy

DarkSouls save corrupted! Fixable with modding or new save file is the route to go?

I have never hacked or modded before & registered on this forum as it is the only site discussing Dark Soul Save files & I need help.
    I dashboard quit when I was dying & now whenever I load my save file, it freezes my entire Xbox 360.
    I had nearly 80 hours & nearly every magic, armor & weapon on that file. I was just hunting lizards in the Great Hollow to get the achievements before going on to finish the final boss of the game.

Is it possible for me to extract my corrupted save file & someone make it load at an area before I died? I know it's a long shot, but I have to ask.

If that is not possible can I just download a hacked save file, transfer it to my 360 & play it off that (I never did this, I have no idea on what steps I need to take)?
    Are there any save files floating around here that have all or most of the weapons/armor/magic/items & levels completed up until the last area of the game? Preferably at level 0 & all the stuff only from the first playthrough?

Any step by step instructions here on how to go about doing that? Do I need to mod my console to transfer a hacked save file?
    I only have a USB stick, is that all I need?

I'd appreciate any help from here. This is the first time that a corrupted save file has ruined my entire game.

Haven Donator

Array

Re: DarkSouls save corrupted! Fixable with modding or new save file is the route to g

Quote Originally Posted by Why me whyyy View Post
    Is it possible for me to extract my corrupted save file & someone make it load at an area before I died? I know it's a long shot, but I have to ask.
    Its extremely unlikely to work as the save is already corrupted it won't do anything

If that is not possible can I just download a hacked save file, transfer it to my 360 & play it off that (I never did this, I have no idea on what steps I need to take)?
    Are there any save files floating around here that have all or most of the weapons/armor/magic/items & levels completed up until the last area of the game? Preferably at level 0 & all the stuff only from the first playthrough?
    Yes you can download someone elses save and continue, all you would have to do is change the console and player id to match your own using modio (or whatever else does it).
    Or you could start again and use one of the save editors here to mod yourself back to how you were before the crash, It can tedious as you would have to go through everything again, but it would be faster and you can essentially go straight back to how you were before the corruption.

Just a word of warning though, as DkS saves essentially after everything you do, it is best to always quit via the menu to stop this from happening, also once you reach a certain level of progress, copy your save onto a usb and store it on your pc to allow Multiple saves. When quiting from in game there is always a chance of that you will quit while the game is trying to save thus causing another corruption.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5592 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Why me whyyy

Re: DarkSouls save corrupted! Fixable with modding or new save file is the route to g

Thanks a lot, fond some saves to try out.
    Been search youtube the past few days on some tutorials on starting from scratch, like what I need to extract from my 360 & what & where I need to transfer, but none of them do a good job.

Haven Donator

Array

All you need is the dark souls player data (which is the only save in the Dark Souls storage folder), use horizon's device explore to extract that from the usb drive (make a backup) open an editor and add the save when finished editing your file save it out (Pretty sure it rehash's and resign's) and insert it back to the usb drive then back to your harddrive
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5592 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts