360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
DIY rocksmith cable
Register
    Array

DIY rocksmith cable

hello everyone i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me create my own cable for rocksmith.

i cant justify 30$ for a cable when im sure it can be recreated with the right knowledge. however i cant seem to find any information on the cable itself or anyone who has attempted this yet. if anyone has found a diagram or pinout for the usb end of the cable the information would be greatly appreciated and if i manage to get a fully working cable ill post the process/results for others to follow.

thankyou for your time and consideration

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

Re: DIY rocksmith cable

I was looking into this for my wife and from what I've read you can't just buy a Audio USB guitar cable. The rocksmith cable has something inside it to make it work differently then others. :(.... I could be wrong I got the info from dealextreme.com user feedback.

Array

yea I've found a few people claiming it works with certain usb interfaces but my M-audio i got with protools doesn't work was hoping someone could find out whats different about the rocksmith cable I've made a few pieces of hardware in the past so i think i could duplicate it if someone had a schematic but nobody seems to have any info on it

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

You find a cheaper cable then $30 let me know please.

Mr_G

Hi, I'm new here. Just googled DIY rocksmith cable and came across this thread. Is anyone still looking at this project? Is there any updates? I had an idea which involves a Guitar Hero Mic which you can pick up as cheap as chips these days. Is it possible that the mic could be separated from its usb cable and fit a 6.35 jack in its place? That way you already have the usb plug, microchip and circuit board moulded into the cable and anything else that you may require in the microphone unit it's self. I am planning on buying a GH Mic to try this my self. I will try to keep you updated on this fail or sucseed.

Cheers Mr_G

Array

i eventually gave up looking and bought the game when it dropped in price lol
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4865 || Posts : 282 || Thanks : 108 || Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts

Aperture Science we do what we want because we can.