360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Skylanders Figure modding. - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Re: Skylanders Figure modding.

@MadeGuy
    uh... i think you misunderstood that part...
    no one was blaming for anything....

the problem was that the OP asked for something... but didn't give us anything to work with...
    as we don't have that game...

so this was actually directed to the OP... and others who make these kind of threads before reading the rules...
    actually you don't have to read the rules to know what you need to post if you're requesting something... that should be common sense ^_^'
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7486 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Haven Donator
    Array

i am curious to see if anyone here has successfully modded skylanders, is there any new news about this or is this a dead thread?

would it be possible to create a trainer for this so you could mod the stats, xp, gold, ect... on the fly in real time?? if so how would i be able to help out ?? i dont know how to program lol
    Last edited by curtdawg21; 04-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Oewron

I am unsure if anyone has started modding this, but here is file that has just started out best of luck to you all!

Skylanders Save.zip

The game has just started beat the first chapter, one of those figure things were used in the game progression and the figure used was ding-ring. it was pretty much just to make the file open to give people a chance to mod and tinker with it. again sorry I did not put the info of the save onto the file in the first places. thanks for the reminder Cybersam
    Last edited by Oewron; 05-06-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

i guess no one has started this... as i don't really know if some one here has the game (i mean of those who can mod ^_^')
    and frankly i don't want to spend so much money for this game just to research it... maybe when the price isn't this high anymore i'll consider buying it... but atm... no chance...

as for the save file...
    can you post some info is much appreciated as we can't really know what to look for there...
    as the figure stuff is save inside the figures them selves you probably need to post some info that is related to overall progress or something...
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7486 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,

Rich Cook

Haven Donator
    Array

The actual figures have a eprom that stores information. There is a hack that allows you to mod your character stats.

Have read here
    http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?op...=6515&forum=86

The editor was never completed (as activision stopped it) and the existing code has some limitations:
    1. It will not work with XBox360 portals (did not finish this part)
    2. The documentation for how the checksums work is incomplete. If you use a hex editor to change the hat or the heroics completed the program does not know how to compute the checksum required for these fields. So the skylanders game will reject your character if you change these fields.

All that is needed is some genius finish it off and make it a little more user friendly :)

http://www.360haven.com/forums/downl...do=file&id=952
    Last edited by kero; 07-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

there is no real need for a genius...
    i could try it if i had the game test around with... ^_^

even if i had the game i'm not sure if it would work without drivers... as i don't have those... ^_^'''

Rich Cook

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post
    there is no real need for a genius...
    i could try it if i had the game test around with... ^_^

even if i had the game i'm not sure if it would work without drivers... as i don't have those... ^_^'''
    Maybe someone smarter than me then :)
    Ive uploaded the source which includes the drivers and complied exe. (link in my post above) His work was not finished so it does need a little more work to get if working just yet.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

well then... if no else beats me to it i'll try it as soon as i can get my hands on the game or at least the portal with a figure ^_^

Rich Cook

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cybersam For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast