Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator

Array

Dragon Age Origins

This is a question regarding Dragon Age 1 with modding wise obviously

Does anybody know how to use this editor

http://social.bioware.com/project/1936/

And make it work because everytime i try to do it nothing shows up in game but the save loads so am i doing something wrong?

What I am trying to do is mod weight, money, and stats plus item quantity and this can be done there are 6 saves over at xpg

But if anybody knows anything about modding this game please help I know that cybersam made a editor but that only does money and weight i would like stats modded etc.

The saves are on this page - http://www.xpgamesaves.com/files/cat...m__10__st__240

Realized that cybers editor does most things i needed but if anybody does know how to use that editor plz reply

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Dragon Age Origins

EWWWWWW remove that gross link...
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14296 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Idlehands88 For This Useful Post:

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    EWWWWWW remove that gross link...
    hahaha lol
    Downloads : 2 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4456 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 131 || Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was - Hebrew Proverb

Demon

Array

Extract the savegame.das and savegame.das.x, then open the savegame.das with the daosavegame tool, make your changes then use the rehash/resigner tool(not included with the editor) before replacing the 2 files back into your save. Any enchantments or weapon/armor tier, or enchantment changes need to be done by hex editing though.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5454 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 13Dannyboy13 For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    Extract the savegame.das and savegame.das.x, then open the savegame.das with the daosavegame tool, make your changes then use the rehash/resigner tool(not included with the editor) before replacing the 2 files back into your save. Any enchantments or weapon/armor tier, or enchantment changes need to be done by hex editing though.
    Is there a way to swap items for another item but keep the effects on the items you are swapping too or better yet is there items that you can start off with that are good the dragon age legends you spoke of awhile back is not in service any more.

When you say rehash/resign tool do you mean like horizon? or is there a actual tool called rehash resign tool?

Because I just want to make duplicates of items so i can take my dragon armour which has 3 enchantments and make them into helmet/gloves and boots

by making 4 armours then mod one at a time swapping them for others of course

Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Game Wizard View Post
    Is there a way to swap items for another item but keep the effects on the items you are swapping too or better yet is there items that you can start off with that are good the dragon age legends you spoke of awhile back is not in service any more.
    When you say rehash/resign tool do you mean like horizon? or is there a actual tool called rehash resign tool?
    Because I just want to make duplicates of items so i can take my dragon armour which has 3 enchantments and make them into helmet/gloves and boots
    by making 4 armours then mod one at a time swapping them for others of course
    Okay, it is possible to swap most weapon/armor through hex editing the savegame.das and you can keep the effects, or change them, but, you can't change the same item into more than one different item, because you're basically replacing the item globally. Unfortunately, the dragon blood armor has a different code that can't be changed to a normal one. If you have any of the dlc, the effects can be changed on, and with the reaper's cudgel you can replace it entirely with anything you want and have 4 enchantment slots.
    Not sure what to do about legends items, and as for the resigner, yes it is a seperate tool, just called dragon age resigner. It's a long process editing saves for this game, but it can be worth it, just takes some practice, here's a link to the thread I learned how to mod this game from http://www.game-tuts.com/community/f...editing-13332/
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5454 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 13Dannyboy13 For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    Okay, it is possible to swap most weapon/armor through hex editing the savegame.das and you can keep the effects, or change them, but, you can't change the same item into more than one different item, because you're basically replacing the item globally. Unfortunately, the dragon blood armor has a different code that can't be changed to a normal one. If you have any of the dlc, the effects can be changed on, and with the reaper's cudgel you can replace it entirely with anything you want and have 4 enchantment slots.
    Not sure what to do about legends items, and as for the resigner, yes it is a seperate tool, just called dragon age resigner. It's a long process editing saves for this game, but it can be worth it, just takes some practice, here's a link to the thread I learned how to mod this game from http://www.game-tuts.com/community/f...editing-13332/
    I have all the dlc witch one gives really good items I could edit?

Where is the reapers cudgel? Edit- Golem of amorak or whatever it is called

Also with the reapers cudgel you speak of you may only switch it once right? but I guess with that and my weapon 8 slots is well enough lol

I have the bright blade has 3 effects and 3 empty slots - from the dark spawn chronicles :) but any others?

Also I followed that tutorial not super easy to follow and sucks about the dragon armour and where is the resigner not the checksum fixer the actual resigner or is that what you mean?

Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Game Wizard View Post
    I have all the dlc witch one gives really good items I could edit?
    Where is the reapers cudgel? Edit- Golem of amorak or whatever it is called
    Also with the reapers cudgel you speak of you may only switch it once right? but I guess with that and my weapon 8 slots is well enough lol
    I have the bright blade has 3 effects and 3 empty slots - from the dark spawn chronicles :) but any others?
    Also I followed that tutorial not super easy to follow and sucks about the dragon armour and where is the resigner not the checksum fixer the actual resigner or is that what you mean?
    Yeah, I meant the checksum fixer, sorry been a while since I did anything for this game. For the cudgel, yes you can only switch it once, because you're changing it's ID, so even if you have 5 of them changing the ID will change them all. The problem with a lot of the dlc items is the id that they use, it's too short and deosn't follow the format for other weapons/armor. I can't remember what item is from which dlc, but just off the top of my head, there's the cudgel, 2 belts and 2 necklaces that can be changed I think, also the enchanter's staff from Ostagar is a good thing to use since it has 5 slots for enchantments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast