360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Is there a way to disable certain update prompts?
Register

Array

Surprise Is there a way to disable certain update prompts?

Let me explain, here's the thing.. every single time i fire up a game of Skyrim it asks me to get the latest update, the Legendary patch which i DO NOT WANT! i have all my saves that took years to get right which i worked my ass off to set up for the game grade- A 'perfect!'. so this update would literally ruin the game for me so will never be downloaded, problem is it won't stop bugging me about it EVERY time i wanna play the freakin game, all ya have to do is hit cancel but trust me after a few hundred times of doing this it gets extremely annoying.. it wasn't a problem till i got WI-FI, but now nets on 24/7, i've searched around my settings for hours on the console and can't find any option for turning it off, and can't download to delete it cause it'll ruin my saves if i do.. does anybody know of any possible way to disable this annoying prompt???

DarkOne
    Array

Re: Is there a way to disable certain update prompts?

Not all games allow us to disable their update/DLC check features, unless you're talking about the actual XBL Update which can never be disabled on retail systems.
    Play offline. If you can't remove the Wi-Fi settings, then just plug-in a LAN cable to the X360 and to another device like a PC not connected to the internet.
    It'll force your X360 into offline mode, as LAN has more priority than Wi-Fi, just remember to disconnect it when you want to play another game online.

Demon

Array

Just have to play it offline, sign out of xbox live before you start up the game and you shouldn't see the update prompt.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5433 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Array

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    Just have to play it offline, sign out of xbox live before you start up the game and you shouldn't see the update prompt.
    problem with that is it auto signs me back in every time i start the console up, so it kinda defeats the purpose, be great if i could stay offline till i "wanted" to sign in but apparently thats not how it works..
    gonna try what Crimi suggested and hook some spare outlet to the back, see if that knocks it offline.

Array

If your playing using wifi why not just unplug the wifi adapter? you will still be signed in & it won't be asking for an update.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by deathcraft View Post
    If your playing using wifi why not just unplug the wifi adapter? you will still be signed in & it won't be asking for an update.
    3 other laptops in house, that would disconnect their net, i ain't the only one using it.