360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Lightning Returns specific skill level editing?
Register
    Veristek

Lightning Returns specific skill level editing?

Hello all,

I've been wondering about editing a few specific abilities in Lightning Returns. All I'm looking for is a way to make it so that when you synthesize the ability, it automatically maxes out for that level. For example, if I had two "Elementa" skills at level 3, I'd like it so that I can synthesize these two level 3's to get max level 3, instead of needing 5 - 7 more "Elementa" skills to max it.

This is because several skills are extremely rare and very difficult or tedious in the extreme to farm. Here's a list.

Element = Dropped by Archangels on Day 14
    Elementa = Rare drop by Archangels on Day 14
    Ice Blitz = Rare drop by Wendigo's on Day 14

(Level 1 skill on Easy / Normal mode, and Level 4 skill on Hard mode)

Elementga = Dropped by final boss on Hard mode.

Chill = Treasure in final dungeon and dropped by a story quest boss
    Flare = same as Chill.
    Surge = same as Chill
    Tornado = same as Chill.

You need to get about 200'ish of one skill to synthesize it from level 1 minimum to level 3 max. Then around 200 or so to get it from level 4 minimum to level "star" max. This is because you need multiples of that skill to level it up. Usually:

4 - 5 skills to max level 1. Level boost to level 2.
    5 - 6 skills to max level 2. Level boost to level 3.
    6 - 7 skills to max level 3. Level boost to level 4.
    7 - 8 skills to max level 4. Level boost to level 5.
    9 - 10 skills to max level 5. Level boost to level "Star".

So it's, say, 5 x 6 x 7 x 8 x 10 to get a skill / ability from level 1 to level "Star" for maximum damage and ATB reduction.

This isn't too bad since almost every enemy in the game drops all 5 levels of the skill depending on how early or late you are in the game, and on which mode.

Enemies drop:

Day 1 - 6 on Easy = Everything is level 1.
    Day 7 - 9 on Easy = Mix of level 1's and 2's.
    Day 10 - 13 on Easy = Mix of level 2's and 3's.
    Day 1 - 6 on Hard = Mix of level 3's and 4's.
    Day 7 - 9 on Hard = Mix of level 4's and 5's.
    Day 10 - 13 on Hard = Everything is level 5 with a few exceptions.

Not too bad, right? Except when you try to farm the Ice Blitz, Element, and Elementa skills, you only have 30 Archangels and 30 Wendigo enemies per playthrough before they become extinct and you can't fight them anymore. However, Wendigo extinct number is shared by 2 other Wendigo type enemies in same dungeon so you get 15 Wendigo's maximum (they come grouped with the other Wendigo types, the Surgiva or the Neela).

There is only 1 Chill, Flare, Surge, and Tornado per game from treasure, and they're all level 1. You have to wait until Day 7+ on Hard mode to get level 2 versions of these skills from the story quest bosses, and only 1 of each at that. There's no Level 3, 4, or 5 drops of these to cut down on amount required for sythesizing max level of these skills. So we're looking at easily 1000's of playthroughs for these skills. Considering an uber speed run takes about 2 - 3 hours per playthrough, times 1000's... we're easily talking months, if not years of daily nonstop playing for this.

The cherry on the top is Elementga. The only place it drops is from the final boss on Hard Mode, and only 1 drop from it. It only drops level 1. So you'd need about 40,000 of these to get max level Elementga. Imagine having to go through the whole game 40,000 times just for one drop, then new game plus, and then do it over and over for years and years. Ugh.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you guys knew where and what hex values to change in the hex editing of FF13-3 Lightning Returns save file to make "max the skill level in one synth for that specific skill level" possible?

This is for both Xbox and PS3, since I am sure players on both consoles would love to have this done.

Demon

Array

Re: Lightning Returns specific skill level editing?

http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...516#post260516
    Check the last few pages of that thread, abilities have been figured out and you can just hex edit them to whatever you want.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5459 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Veristek

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...516#post260516
    Check the last few pages of that thread, abilities have been figured out and you can just hex edit them to whatever you want.
    Thanks!

Just one more question. I searched for the hex tools to extract the save data, but no luck.

For example, trying to find "Bruteforce" tool has been unsuccessful. Most links found on Google refer to Aldo's site for download, but when I go there to the download section, I get a 404 error. Meaning it's a dead link. I don't dare download from Torrent or CNet or other similar sites because they are usually full of viruses, trojans, and malware bundled with the download or inside the download.

Is there a safe place to download both Horizon and Bruteforce?

Demon

Array

Use horizon for the save and you can use a free hex editor like hxd to edit the save.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5459 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Veristek

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    Use horizon for the save and you can use a free hex editor like hxd to edit the save.
    What about Bruteforce for the PS3 users? There's no "official" download for it anymore since Aldo's website has broken download links now.

What is a safe place to download both Horizon and Bruteforce with no viruses, malware, etc. hidden in them?

Demon

Array

Download Horizon right from the horizonmb site as for bruteforce I'm not sure since I'm on the 360. Just google it and scan the download with your AV before opening it. Try to find a gaming site or somewhere that is least likely to have a virus.