360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Diablo 3 - Modding Saves
Register
    RussianIntel

Diablo 3 - Modding Saves

Hey guys, just wanted ask for a few minutes to explain a bit about the modding of Diablo 3 for the Xbox. As I am very familiar there is no need for a complete walk through of Horizon/Modio for pulling the files.

Mainly what I for some reason am not understanding is where to get the correct .dat files to mod. When going into the save game contents I find the [account.dat], [profile.dat], and [prefs.dat]. Now with these I can't seem to figure out how to get the character data out.

After looking for awhile online there has been no success of finding any kind of tutorial on modding D3. Also, if there is something more with Hex I am able to do for modding I am more than capable of doing so just need a push in the right direction. If not, any help on the current modding tools is much appreciated.

You can find me online GT: CagedData

Add me as a friend with a message saying "D3 Modding" so I know who you are.

Inactive Member
    Array

Re: Diablo 3 - Modding Saves

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d3heroes.png 
Views:	546 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	13035

I can't seem to figure out how to get the character data out.
    Your character data is stored there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Incipit For This Useful Post:

RussianIntel

Quote Originally Posted by Incipit View Post
    Your character data is stored there.
    Thanks mate. I'll give it a go to see what I can do. If you have anything else that might help me out on where and what to change, shoot me a message.

Will check in later should everything go well.

surfjunky

Your character data should be in the hero file...Have you made a character in game yet?

RussianIntel

Quote Originally Posted by surfjunky View Post
    Your character data should be in the hero file...Have you made a character in game yet?
    Yes I have beaten D3 many times and have multiple 60s(100). But I also wanted to ask anyone that is reading this.

Is there any way to take the hero data of one(1) character and move that over to another game save? If so, could I get a brief walk through as I have been messing around with it for a few hours now and can't seem to get anything to work. Also looking for a full decryption/encryption tool for external Hex modding. Not for specific use with Idlehand88's tool. I am just looking to play around with the values.