360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Diablo 3 Items Modifications
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

Diablo 3 Items Modifications

Okay, so I know that weapons and armor can in fact be modded. I am starting this thread to get more information on the process of modding ones own armor and equipment. I know that idle and a few others from that group have figured it out however no details as to how this can be done from any of them. So I turn to the rest of the community.

If you've managed to mod a weapon or piece of armor, or even your level please throw up a small tut here. Questions I have right off the bat as as follows:

In what location or dat file did you find your item?

How did you identify said item?

How did you change the values you were looking for?

So far I've been unsuccessful at modding any of my items as I'm having difficulty finding any of them. If I do figure somethign out I will post back here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to azulthewise For This Useful Post:

theagentofkhaos

Re: Diablo 3 Items Modifications

I'm kinda looking for this as well. Just to edit the magic find stat on the items. I could care less for massive damage or anything, I just want to get crazy amounts of loot.

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by theagentofkhaos View Post
    I'm kinda looking for this as well. Just to edit the magic find stat on the items. I could care less for massive damage or anything, I just want to get crazy amounts of loot.
    That doesn't work. The game has a set cap (very low). Modding it is useless. At Inferno Master V Paragon 100 you will be at the cap (or you'll just need like 50-100 more if you aren't Paragon 100). In other words, Magic Find cannot be modded.
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14294 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

codraziel

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    That doesn't work. The game has a set cap (very low). Modding it is useless. At Inferno Master V Paragon 100 you will be at the cap (or you'll just need like 50-100 more if you aren't Paragon 100). In other words, Magic Find cannot be modded.
    Yea, thats right. I believe the only way you could overcap it is with an XEX mod or something(possibly manipulating master difficulty levels or nephalem valor bonuses) and even then it seems there is a hardcoded limit on legendary droprates

On-topic I say wait for the guys to release their save editor, I strongly believe that the details have not been disclosed for our own good, if what i've read is true the limitless possibilities could cause a lot of trouble in the form of griefing and such which would force blizzard to take action and impede our ability to mod weapons at all(or at very least limit them to what is possible through drops)

Array

Quote Originally Posted by codraziel View Post
    Yea, thats right. I believe the only way you could overcap it is with an XEX mod or something(possibly manipulating master difficulty levels or nephalem valor bonuses) and even then it seems there is a hardcoded limit on legendary droprates

On-topic I say wait for the guys to release their save editor, I strongly believe that the details have not been disclosed for our own good, if what i've read is true the limitless possibilities could cause a lot of trouble in the form of griefing and such which would force blizzard to take action and impede our ability to mod weapons at all(or at very least limit them to what is possible through drops)
    Waiting on some one else to do something isnt what I wish to do I like to do things myself or try to so I thank you for your suggestion but that really does nothing for this diy passion I have. Also I am a huge pc d3 player I already know what movement speed is capped to and what mf is capped to. This is not a discussion about feelings and sentiments. It is one about the process of doing the request actions. Anyone wanting to post an opinion should take it else where anyone else that wants to contribute and learn please by all means share.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to azulthewise For This Useful Post:

codraziel

Quote Originally Posted by azulthewise View Post
    Waiting on some one else to do something isnt what I wish to do I like to do things myself or try to so I thank you for your suggestion but that really does nothing for this diy passion I have. Also I am a huge pc d3 player I already know what movement speed is capped to and what mf is capped to. This is not a discussion about feelings and sentiments. It is one about the process of doing the request actions. Anyone wanting to post an opinion should take it else where anyone else that wants to contribute and learn please by all means share.
    Well, I took some time during the day to reflect on what I said here and I've decided that I do in fact want to help because Im also pretty heavily invested into PC D3(1300 hours), and modding items has been my dream since I first got my hands on the game. I've been fiddling around and have decided before I do any more hex editing im going to craft a bunch(100 or so)blue lvl 8 helms and stash them then equip each one on the same hero and copy the save files so I can get a really good look at what changes. What is your plan of attack? maybe its better than mine

Array

I am doing something similar what I've done is moving items o stash. I can see a difference in my account dat but I cant tell what is what yet having trouble Identifying. I wouldnt mind working with you if you want to add me on xbla ill send you a pm with my gt. moving locations here in a bit should be at my destination in a half an hour.

Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by azulthewise View Post
    I am doing something similar what I've done is moving items o stash. I can see a difference in my account dat but I cant tell what is what yet having trouble Identifying. I wouldnt mind working with you if you want to add me on xbla ill send you a pm with my gt. moving locations here in a bit should be at my destination in a half an hour.
    I've got my Hex workshop open and the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics will soon become clear :).
    (Thank you adderal!)
    I'm open for discussion in what I've found out/looking to do.
    I've tried opening and comparing the exact characters with only 1 difference.
    One is wearing a helmet. (visage of guyia) *spelling on guyia? lol
    One is not wearing a helmet at all.
    I've compared the 2 .dat's and have become astonishingly discouraged as the amount of differences is insane!
    It seems to be showing not only the item and it's attributes; but the stats of the character as well.
    For instance; The hero with the helm will have more int and all resist mana regen and more thorns!
    So all of that is going to reflect on the differences. (or atleast this is what I believe)
    I am in need of another visage of guyia, but different stats.
    If anyone could aid me in finding "where" a certain item slot is.
    e.g. - Which offsets the helm would be located; Or a certain value to identify a helmet slot?
    Or a certain value to identify that the following blocks/numbers/letters are actual attributes and stats for a helmet?

THANK YOU!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast