360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 92
Register
Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1742678287888990919293949596 LastLast
    Array

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

I've found out a few things and can add to the info here:
    • The 4 bytes at each item's offset 0x0C dictate the item's sort order and provide an index of some sort. Bytes 0x0C-0x0D and the first nibble of 0x0E are a value unique to each base item (including upgrades, ascension, and boss soul ascension). The inventory in-game appears to sort on this value. The remaining nibble and last byte give the index. It appears to be incremented for each item added, but unchanged when other items are removed, so the values aren't always sequential. It's unrelated to the order of items in the save, just the order they were added in-game. I've noticed some weird behavior with the bottomless box when there are duplicate index values, so it should be set accordingly when new items are manually added.
      Example: 000000000010C9AD0000000124A5406501000000000000C800000000
      ID for Lightning Halberd + 5, Quantity = 1, Sort value = 0x24A54, Index = 101, Durability = 200
    • There is a unique ID for each item when it's ascended with a boss soul. e.g., 4AF38 for the Greatsword of Artorias made with a Broken Straight Sword, and 4AF9C when it's made with a Straight Sword Hilt. 33 IDs for all the different ways you can make a Crystal Ring Shield, etc. So there are a lot of IDs missing for the boss soul weapons/shields listed here. They're all part of the list below, named like so: 'Item Name (Item used to make this item)'.

I put together a spreadsheet with all the items and added the sort values, boss item IDs, etc., and fixed a few little typos/issues from the other lists out there while I was at it. It has info for everything, including all possible upgrades of all items. I think it's pretty comprehensive

All of this is in the save editor I made, and everyone is welcome to try it out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to absurdlyobfuscated For This Useful Post:

Billy Bob Bean

Is there a way to make a weapon permanently invisible?

If you cast invisible weapon, save and quit surely the save has a location for that data and how much time the spell has left... does anyone know how to make that permanent?

If not, there was another way. I recall modding my save last year and giving myself somesuch sword...but I fucked up and it was invisible (not by magic, some glitch where I replaced an equipped weapon value with something else) it worked perfectly fine except you couldn't see it. I don't recall what I did wrong but I quickly fixed it (in hex editor, couldn't remove the effect in-game) just wondering how I might do that again? I can't be the only one who made that error.

Array

I don't believe there is a way to make weapons invisible permanently since the game doesn't actually save the spell duration. It's the same with the transient curse. Cast the spell, save and quit, reload, and you're back to your normal state. If you figure out how you glitched your game, it might be possible to reproduce. But not otherwise, I'm afraid.

Billy Bob Bean

Quote Originally Posted by absurdlyobfuscated View Post
    I don't believe there is a way to make weapons invisible permanently since the game doesn't actually save the spell duration. It's the same with the transient curse. Cast the spell, save and quit, reload, and you're back to your normal state. If you figure out how you glitched your game, it might be possible to reproduce. But not otherwise, I'm afraid.
    Actually the perma-spell thing was just me being curious, the actual weapon invisibility I had wasn't a spell effect it was a glitch with the game. My character had a dagger in his off-hand in the currently equipped line of code but I somehow replaced it with a large sword in another line of code. This caused the game to glitch out and it ended up being an invisible longsword.

whiteraven

so i have an idea, and im not too good with hex editing so i was wondering if you guys could help me, i want to see what part of the saves tell the game if the boss is alive and if you can summon people in your world based on that, because if i could find that then perhaps i can trick the game by editing my save and telling it the iron golem is dead, even though i can still summon people in sens fortress, good uses for this would be for organized pvp could now be in boss areas and gravelords can gravelord and get invaded even though he killed the boss in that area. i personally love pvp and if i could do this that would just make my day.

so.. the test i propose to figure this out, is to make a save right infront of the iron golems fog gate, unequip everything but your weapon to kill him eliminating mutiple durability values being changed in the comparison, try not to lose health, and dont use any consumables, and then make a save after you kill him and compare the two in hex workshop, i tried this but i dont know how to read hex, so im just scratching my head, if anyone would want to help and wants to use my files to compare let me know and ill upload them. thank you!

Array

I've tried to find the offsets for whether the boss in an area is defeated, using the method you're talking about - I'm pretty sure it's possible, it's just that there's a lot that changes, including plenty of unknown stuff right around the same area of the save as the bytes for the boss. There doesn't seem to be a definite section for just bosses, each is mixed in with a whole bunch of who-knows-what. Still, if you can upload before & after saves for each boss, I'd take a look at them. It could be a lot of work, for everyone involved, I suppose. If you're still interested, you don't need to worry about maintaining the same stats or items when you do this - all that is pretty well understood. Just don't pick up any static (not dropped from an enemy) items or open any doors or otherwise interact with the world, that's the kind of thing that I think gets stored in approximately the same area. Another thing that would be helpful would be to start each boss battle and immediately save & quit or just die, so the cutscenes and anything else that might be triggered are the same in the before and the after saves.

whiteraven

Quote Originally Posted by absurdlyobfuscated View Post
    I've tried to find the offsets for whether the boss in an area is defeated, using the method you're talking about - I'm pretty sure it's possible, it's just that there's a lot that changes, including plenty of unknown stuff right around the same area of the save as the bytes for the boss. There doesn't seem to be a definite section for just bosses, each is mixed in with a whole bunch of who-knows-what. Still, if you can upload before & after saves for each boss, I'd take a look at them. It could be a lot of work, for everyone involved, I suppose. If you're still interested, you don't need to worry about maintaining the same stats or items when you do this - all that is pretty well understood. Just don't pick up any static (not dropped from an enemy) items or open any doors or otherwise interact with the world, that's the kind of thing that I think gets stored in approximately the same area. Another thing that would be helpful would be to start each boss battle and immediately save & quit or just die, so the cutscenes and anything else that might be triggered are the same in the before and the after saves.
    Thanks for the interest! :)
    how would you go about finding what code decides you cant summon people after killing a boss. i have a huge hunch it has to do with the save itself rather than the game, because in sifs forest you can see signs though the door next to the bonfire even though sif is dead as long as the moonlight butterfly is alive. plus how awesome would it be to expand this idea further what if you could pvp in all boss areas, gaping dragons area, quelaggs arena, demon firesage is a good one, maybe even the abyss lololol that might be pushing it though

the character i used is a lvl 5 and i had the lighting long sword +5 and a thouroland talisman equiped.
    here is my test files, see what you can make of them this one is before the boss fight,
    http://uploading.com/files/get/985bc35e/USER_DATA01

this one is after
    http://uploading.com/files/get/cmc921fb/USER_DATA01

i eliminated as many variables as i could i didnt pick up anything except for getting the iron golems soul, and the souls for defeating him, the only weapon i used was the lighting long sword so the only change to that should be durablility since i didnt wear armor or use consumables

and i used your modding tool to get the elic cleric set and the escape death miracle your tool works great absurd, the only thing is everytime i modded the spell casts of my equipped spells it would crash the game upon loading, other than that its awesome!

i have a thread started for this so people can post before and afters of the bosses to be analyzed. i think this could be very good :).
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16482

whiteraven

absurdly i used your tool today to add everyitem wep/armor/ consumable to my bottomless box but it didnt seem to work, because they wont show up in the bottomless box any ideas on how to fix without hours of just doing it over agian into my invetory?