360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Anybody modded Verdict Day yet?
Register
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Anybody modded Verdict Day yet?

Money's easy: it's in the progress save, in GPROG.DAT, singned 32-bit integer at 0x0018.

But I tried modding the tuning on my weapons, and the game crashes as soon as the modded weapon is loaded (either at the start of the game or when you load the workshop, depending on if your current mech has said weapon equipped). Or rather, I've been able to mod the tuning, but I can't exceed the default three total points without the game crashing. I tried getting around this by modding the tuning on the current mech's weapons WITHOUT modding that weapon in the inventory, but then it just defaults to the unmodded weapon upon loading.

Anybody found a way around this yet? Assumimg a patch to include a hash to the save system isn't released (there surprisingly isn't a hash) this would be an extremely easy editor. I've already got two projects so far on the back burner that it isn't even funny, so I won't be taking this on. But I'd love to collaborate with someone else on this one and maybe do a little research. I just don't see a point in modding this (other than money and unlocking vanilla parts) if the most you can do is what's already possible in-game to begin with. Anybody knows a work around for this, let me know.

By the way, tuning is handled in a ridiculously simple way (so simple I had to think a little outside the box to figure it out). Your inventory is also located on GPROG.DAT, and each "tuning" is a 16-bit value, but it's not an integer: if your tuning in-game is 111 then the value will read 1110, if it's 021 then it will read 0210. You can find your tuning by searching your actual tuning values in order followed by the obligatory zero.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6831 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

One Hit Wonder
    Array

Re: Anybody modded Verdict Day yet?

I tried to modify my save game using the Hex Workshop. I really don't understand anything about hexadecimal e modifying it, lol. But, I noticed that the new parts are unlocked after you advance the player level, acquiring a better ranking.
    Well, i tried to do this on Mission 01-1, and then i compare with a older savegame o HexWork... After this, i made some crazy modifications (as if I know what I'm doing...), then when I reload the game again, I was in Rank S, and all the parts are available on shop!
    Buuuuuuut, on my modifications I've change something that i couldn't, because my Workshop Capacity on game was at "0", and the save gets bugged, cause even if I sell some parts, I still with zero of Capacity, then I couldn't buy the new parts...

(sorry for my english)

well, I don't know if the image will help you to locate where you can do this modification, but if you do this, like your money editor, it will help a lot!

The others yellow lines down the part i've marked, I made modifications before this one, i think that it will don't change the result... i think.

I'm still trying to win the last boss... maybe new parts could help. hahahaha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hex.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	13284

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starmario For This Useful Post:

Array

So did you ever figure anything out with the hex coding for weapon editing like iddy did for AC-V?

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by internal View Post
    So did you ever figure anything out with the hex coding for weapon editing like iddy did for AC-V?
    Seems it can't be done, unfortunately. Shame too. Still, I'll leave the thread open, just in case somebody does in fact figure it out.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6831 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

Quote Originally Posted by starmario View Post
    I tried to modify my save game using the Hex Workshop. I really don't understand anything about hexadecimal e modifying it, lol. But, I noticed that the new parts are unlocked after you advance the player level, acquiring a better ranking.
    Well, i tried to do this on Mission 01-1, and then i compare with a older savegame o HexWork... After this, i made some crazy modifications (as if I know what I'm doing...), then when I reload the game again, I was in Rank S, and all the parts are available on shop!
    Buuuuuuut, on my modifications I've change something that i couldn't, because my Workshop Capacity on game was at "0", and the save gets bugged, cause even if I sell some parts, I still with zero of Capacity, then I couldn't buy the new parts...

(sorry for my english)

well, I don't know if the image will help you to locate where you can do this modification, but if you do this, like your money editor, it will help a lot!

The others yellow lines down the part i've marked, I made modifications before this one, i think that it will don't change the result... i think.

I'm still trying to win the last boss... maybe new parts could help. hahahaha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hex.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	13284

Thank you from the bottom of my heart sir, I finally managed to Hex-edit my rank from C to S, and with no apparent problem with inventory slots!!
    I basically used the code sequencies you used, but in a different place on the file (I exctracted the GPROG.DAT file and opened it with hex workshop, the trial version), my starting value was at 000004D0(wieving in the ASCII mode), and then counting dot after dot I manged to imput the same symbols.
    In the end after the replacing, hashing and resining process I loaded the file and checked the player data in the main menu, and I noticed my rank changed to S. When I selected the shop option there were no problems with my storage count, so I bought everything.
    Now I have at least 2x of every part in the game and all the money added with the editor!
    Thank to both of you, for the money editor and the S rank code :)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePlayer For This Useful Post: