Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    News Reporter

Array

Tobacco-style warning labels for games being discussed

Name:  geek-news-video-game-warning-label-proposal-of-the-day.png
Views: 154
Size:  129.0 KB
    A bill has been proposed in North America that would require violent games to carry a warning label similar to those that are currently seen on packets of tobacco. The two congressmen who have proposed the bill want a message that reads “Warning: Exposure to violent video games has been linked to aggressive behavior” on video game packaging.

“Just as we warn smokers of the health consequences of tobacco, we should warn parents — and children — about the growing scientific evidence demonstrating a relationship between violent video games and violent behaviour.”

- Virginia Representative and the bill’s co-sponsor Frank Wolf

A step too far perhaps?
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7316 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

Advertiser

Array

Re: Tobacco-style warning labels for games being discussed

"Warning: Exposure to violent video games has been linked to aggressive behavior” <<<< biggest load of crap ever lol! I am probably one of the calmest, gentle people you could meet because of violent video games, Good stress relief lol! Well for me anyway.

People who are violently motivated by games already had violent tendencies in them before they started playing. Games don't kill people.......people kill people. My opinion. Like it or not.
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 8151 || Posts : 3,225 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 328 Times in 242 Posts

LEGIT HACKERS DON'T ADVERTISE!

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

“ If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. ”
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5432 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

News Reporter

Array

Quote Originally Posted by RpGGuY View Post
    "Warning: Exposure to violent video games has been linked to aggressive behavior” <<<< biggest load of crap ever lol! I am probably one of the calmest, gentle people you could meet because of violent video games, Good stress relief lol! Well for me anyway.

People who are violently motivated by games already had violent tendencies in them before they started playing. Games don't kill people.......people kill people. My opinion. Like it or not.
    I agree completely, its just another example of blame culture. When some kid loses it and shoots up a school full of innocent people it automatically must be ''Grand Theft Auto's fault'' rather than just accepting that the person in question quite obviously has mental issues. When I play Street Fighter I don't go outside screaming 'Shoryuken' while trying to uppercut people in the chin, there just games at the end of the day.

Whats next? Someone hits someone else with a baseball bat so its Tom and Jerrys fault? Someone promotes animal fighting and it must have been Pokemon that made them do it? Its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongmantv View Post
    “ If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. ”

Strangely enough, sounds like a couple of people I know lol
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7316 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array

Quote Originally Posted by longy999 View Post
    I agree completely, its just another example of blame culture. When some kid loses it and shoots up a school full of innocent people it automatically must be ''Grand Theft Auto's fault'' rather than just accepting that the person in question quite obviously has mental issues. When I play Street Fighter I don't go outside screaming 'Shoryuken' while trying to uppercut people in the chin, there just games at the end of the day.

Whats next? Someone hits someone else with a baseball bat so its Tom and Jerrys fault? Someone promotes animal fighting and it must have been Pokemon that made them do it? Its pathetic.

Strangely enough, sounds like a couple of people I know lol

Lol, it sounds like me back in the day. I just noticed your from nots im not to far from you, Derby area.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5432 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

News Reporter

Array

Lol, it sounds like me back in the day. I just noticed your from nots im not to far from you, Derby area.

Just up the road then, I live in Forest Town, Mansfield

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array

Quote Originally Posted by longy999 View Post
    Just up the road then, I live in Forest Town, Mansfield
    I'm from a little town called Swadlincote, no one has ever heard of it though so I just say derby. Sorry to go off topic btw. Don't supose you know anywhere to get Jtag or RGH xboxs local?

News Reporter

Array

I'm from a little town called Swadlincote, no one has ever heard of it though so I just say derby. Sorry to go off topic btw. Don't supose you know anywhere to get Jtag or RGH xboxs local?

Yeah, I've been through Swadlincote a couple of times, not far from me at all.

I know a guy who does jtagging and rgh if you give him a console to do. As far as I know he charges £25 for doing a jtag and £50 for rgh on slims, not sure how much for rgh on phats.

If your interested I'll PM you his number. He lives in Mansfield town centre

9. The Following User Says Thank You to longy999 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast