360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Prepare for Xbox One game save modding!
Register
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

Prepare for Xbox One game save modding!

With the latest Xbox One dash beta update you can now see your game saves. Wonder who will get a HDD explorer out first!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot_20140526_183556.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	15029

It has Gamer Tag above the game save but blacked it out.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5410 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongmantv For This Useful Post:

bad_laugh_smiley
    Array

Re: Prepare for Xbox One game save modding!

wow really thats cool

RETRO
    Gamer

Array

yeah man nice
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17053 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    wow really thats cool
    The Fact that you can see your save does not mean you can mod it...
    It takes a while to accomplish that, probebly when the console is exploited and used to reverse engineer the save security.

I have not seen a X1 gamesave yet, but i asume its using a custom File System , just like the STFS for x360.
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8626 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jappi88 For This Useful Post:

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    The Fact that you can see your save does not mean you can mod it...
    It takes a while to accomplish that, probebly when the console is exploited and used to reverse engineer the save security.

I have not seen a X1 gamesave yet, but i asume its using a custom File System , just like the STFS for x360.
    I don't know why they are letting us put gamesaves on external HDDS now, It was un-moddable using cloud storage.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5410 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bongmantv View Post
    I don't know why they are letting us put gamesaves on external HDDS now, It was un-moddable using cloud storage.
    Because there should always be a ofline solution....why do you think they removed the DRM capeability ?
    Cloud storage is limited to a valid internet connection, witch not every one has.
    Doing this is a huge boost for M$ , more people will buy and use the X1 without worrying about their Internet Connection.
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8626 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    Because there should always be a ofline solution....why do you think they removed the DRM capeability ?
    Cloud storage is limited to a valid internet connection, witch not every one has.
    Doing this is a huge boost for M$ , more people will buy and use the X1 without worrying about their Internet Connection.
    I agree with you to a point, but I would have rather had cloud saves only than have to worry about online modders.
    I'm all for cheating in single player. I hope the big games stay server side.

Array

yeah it prob be a few months after this update comes out but does make it step closer to making it possible. and the only thing that sucks about the external harddrive is that it has to be 256GB 3.0 or higher which will cost you lowest $100 some are up to $200+ so it wont be cheap. and i dont really play games so im not gonna be getting one until save editors start coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongmantv View Post
    I agree with you to a point, but I would have rather had cloud saves only than have to worry about online modders.
    I'm all for cheating in single player. I hope the big games stay server side.
    true but really depends on what kinda game your playing. like the ability to unlock everything access things you normally wouldn't be able to an few games even allow you to upload any image from pc into the game to use on a created character. stuff like that. but what u really reffering to is those with like Jtag consoles which allows you to edit just about everything inside the game were as a Save editor you can only change certain things.

was just looking bout seeing how to download the update and came cross a site with faqs about it an one of the ? was are u able to save your gamesaves to external hdd and they said no that the gamesaves are automatically uploaded to cloud and sync with X1
    Last edited by CloudStrife7x; 05-27-2014 at 04:16 AM. Reason: double post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast