360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
|Advice needed| Making a new Gaming PC
Register
    Developer

Array

So this May when my long exams will finally come to an end i will go out there to buy some new hardcore parts for a price valued gaming PC.My total price range is someway near to 1000$ excluding windows and monitor obviously

The parts which i look into buying are

Cabinet : COOLER MASTER CABINET HAF 912 COMBAT
    Processor : FX-8120 already own it so will not waste my $$ in something new
    Motherboard : AM3+ socket need some advice
    Water Cooler : COOLER MASTER LIQUID COOLER SEIDON 240 M
    Ram : G-Skill Ripjaws 4gb X 2
    PSU : Dont know what wattage i would need but company should be Cooler Master
    HDD : I have two Seagate 1TB
    SSD : Going for a 120gb SSD for super fast boot need advice
    Extra : Aerocool Touch 1000 FAN CONTROLLER
    GPU : Going for Radeon HD 7XXX Series but need some advice

I need some serious advice and help if my build will be successful or some part will turn out to be a bottleneck or break

Please comment on what you think and will this build be future-proof for at least 1 and half year, as i play games on full hd 1080p and anything between 30-60fps goes well for my eyes as we human can hardly see more than 10fps

Need your views about any bottlenecks i.e if any....
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 3 || Rep Power : 5157 || Posts : 821 || Thanks : 236 || Thanked 376 Times in 116 Posts

Haven's Warrior lv5

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: |Advice needed| Making a new Gaming PC

i have built a few machines now. i would advise against amd cpu's and readeon graphics cards. Intel is better and therefore more expensive the same for the nvidia graphics cards but since you all ready own a cpu a power supply for them specs you only need 500 watt (not even but it will allow you to add say another g card) i would go for something around 600 watt you dont want a 1000 watt power supply because you wont have any money for electric and make sure its modular (saves having wires you don't use) .Also why does everyone go mad and say i want ssd for fast boot how many times a day do you turn on a pc check out "asus ssd caching". you said you want a gaming pc the radeon might be good for bitcoin mining but you should go with nvidia (in my honest opinion). get a nvidia 650ti. also sorry but cant recommend a mobo because i will not choose or pick a amd (i would feal bad because they are not gaming machines they are cheap computers)
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5146 || Posts : 513 || Thanks : 304 || Thanked 123 Times in 75 Posts

My Trainers / Peek Poker Plugins

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by actualmanx View Post
    i have built a few machines now. i would advise against amd cpu's and readeon graphics cards. Intel is better and therefore more expensive the same for the nvidia graphics cards but since you all ready own a cpu a power supply for them specs you only need 500 watt (not even but it will allow you to add say another g card) i would go for something around 600 watt you dont want a 1000 watt power supply because you wont have any money for electric and make sure its modular (saves having wires you don't use) .Also why does everyone go mad and say i want ssd for fast boot how many times a day do you turn on a pc check out "asus ssd caching". you said you want a gaming pc the radeon might be good for bitcoin mining but you should go with nvidia (in my honest opinion). get a nvidia 650ti. also sorry but cant recommend a mobo because i will not choose or pick a amd (i would feal bad because they are not gaming machines they are cheap computers)
    I know they are comparitively cheap but when under proper overclock say 4.2Ghz will they provide enough juice for gaming or just stuck being the bottleneck
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 3 || Rep Power : 5157 || Posts : 821 || Thanks : 236 || Thanked 376 Times in 116 Posts

Haven's Warrior lv5

Array

that cpu theres nothing wrong with it for gaming i have a i7 3.6 had it overclocked to 4.7 ghz but my ram went down to 16** from 1866 because of over clocked so i put it back to 3.6 that cpu is fine for gaming the graphics is the important one for gaming the better the grapics card the better the quility settings in the game you can set then my graphics card is old a 9800gtx + every game i play is always on medium settings
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5146 || Posts : 513 || Thanks : 304 || Thanked 123 Times in 75 Posts

Developer

Array

that cpu theres nothing wrong with it for gaming i have a i7 3.6 had it overclocked to 4.7 ghz but my ram went down to 16** from 1866 because of over clocked so i put it back to 3.6 that cpu is fine for gaming the graphics is the important one for gaming the better the grapics card the better the quility settings in the game you can set then my graphics card is old a 9800gtx + every game i play is always on medium settings
    although You said Nvidea would something like this be worth it

ASUS GRAPHICS CARD HD 7870 2GB DDR5 -- 300$
    be it here a local delaer from India
    Code:
    http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&filter=ATTRIBU=AMD%20RADEON=210=CHIPSET&path=74_86&product_id=2069
    Can you comment upon it and if possible provide me something better and worth it

Haven's Warrior lv5

Array

its a beast its also a lot of money ( £194) in the uk its going to do the job very well. i noticed that it uses a lot of watts so the power supply would need to be about 600 watts - 700 watts. also when you buy ram and a motherboard make sure you get a mobo that supports 1866 or higher i would not buy ram higer then 1866 as it gets a bit expensive

Haven Donator
    Array

I have to disagree, i think AMD CPU's beat Intel CPU's by far, as for the graphic cards, i would say get an Nvidia video card, i have a GTX 680, and so far the only game it didn't run perfectly (framedrop on heavy scenes) on Ultra is Crysis 3.

Developer

Array

its a beast its also a lot of money ( £194) in the uk its going to do the job very well. i noticed that it uses a lot of watts so the power supply would need to be about 600 watts - 700 watts. also when you buy ram and a motherboard make sure you get a mobo that supports 1866 or higher i would not buy ram higer then 1866 as it gets a bit expensive
    http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?rout...roduct_id=1996

Supports 1866/1600 so i might think of going for normal Cossair 1600hz ram maybe than g-skill