360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Advanced Modding Help (Dungeon Defenders)
Register
    XboxRainbowMods

Advanced Modding Help (Dungeon Defenders)

Ok, I'm inserting bytes now so I can add messages on armor and weapons. 02 20 00 ( 00 00 00 ) 02 20 00 ( 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ) is the standard naming options in the code for items which includes the forger... here's the problem.. if I insert more bytes the game save is corrupt and I assume because there's a byte check of some sort in the save... Is the byte check the byte before the item reference? Let's say 7DunDefEquipment ( code: 37 44756E44656645717569706D656E74) is the 37 a reverse total byte count? the 02 in 02 20 00 is the forward byte count... I figured the rest of code would follow the same convention but it doesn't appear to. 37 = 55 in decimals.... counting forward to 010203 from 37 I get 66.. (so no match) Counting backward I pass the color ranges and end near 01 00 which is ~ 18 bytes after Max level. Either way it doesn't make sense what the byte is in front of the "DunDefEquipment." My best guess is some sort of identifier. Anyhow I'm at a loss to find how to add bytes to the forge and item descriptions properly. If you have the knowledge and would be willing to help, please share. Thank you.

Last edited by XboxRainbowMods; 05-12-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Gfx Artist

Array

Re: Advanced Modding Help (Dungeon Defenders)

Quote Originally Posted by RareModsforyou View Post
    Ok, I'm inserting bytes now so I can add messages on armor and weapons. 02 20 00 ( 00 00 00 ) 02 20 00 ( 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ) is the standard naming options in the code for items which includes the forger... here's the problem.. if I insert more bytes the game save is corrupt and I assume because there's a byte check of some sort in the save... Is the byte check the byte before the item reference? Let's say 7DunDefEquipment ( code: 37 44756E44656645717569706D656E74) is the 37 a reverse total byte count? the 02 in 02 20 00 is the forward byte count... I figured the rest of code would follow the same convention but it doesn't appear to. 37 = 55 in decimals.... counting forward to 010203 from 37 I get 66.. (so no match) Counting backward I pass the color ranges and end near 01 00 which is ~ 18 bytes after Max level. Either way it doesn't make sense what the byte is in front of the "DunDefEquipment." My best guess is some sort of identifier. Anyhow I'm at a loss to find how to add bytes to the forge and item descriptions properly. If you have the knowledge and would be willing to help, please share. Thank you.
    the item description is actually not even listed on the regular item... it is actually there... (this is a legit pet obtained from the DLC on INSANE, at wave 20 of survival, although I have done my fair share of replacing bytes i will admit its not fun, thats why i stops hexing in descriptions...)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]Picture[/ATTACH]

I hope that picture helps you understand it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here.png  
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 12-29-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4737 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SSSTONERRR For This Useful Post:

XboxRainbowMods

Cool! Yea the same I see on the Gossamer Sharpshooter, the 00 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 00 00 there. the 02 is the byte count for the weapon forger name (none here ofc) and 20 is just "space".... Yea it's easy changing the string data to say whatever will fit within the characters, but my question was about INSERTING new bytes... let's say I wanted to increase that weapon name size one byte to "Kairi the Braves". Even when inserting a new byte after Brave and changing 00 00 00 10 <--this byte to 11 to cover the extra byte, the game save goes corrupt... so... this leads me to believe there a master byte check of some sort SOMEWHERE.... lol... I haven't found where it is yet. Thank you very much for the picture mate, we personally talked on this same subject a few days ago (just noticed ur sig) ... the bottom of my game save does have zeroes but ends in "!DunDefPlayers.HeroTemplateSquire.......69.." I have a lot of zeros shortly after the tavern items, after the data like "DunDefArchetypes.EnemyDarkElf" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EndlessSeaofBytes.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	4825 where after is a sea of 00 bytes with "0743414D5053" "0743414D504341" "0743414D5048430000000002" etc in it's midst..... then it goes to hero template data until the bottom of the save file. So to re-hash, here's what I'm trying to do: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RainbowModsItemDesc.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	4824 I want to manually increase or decrease item names bytes, forger names bytes, item description bytes, etc...

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by RareModsforyou View Post
    Cool! Yea the same I see on the Gossamer Sharpshooter, the 00 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 00 00 there. the 02 is the byte count for the weapon forger name (none here ofc) and 20 is just "space".... Yea it's easy changing the string data to say whatever will fit within the characters, but my question was about INSERTING new bytes... let's say I wanted to increase that weapon name size one byte to "Kairi the Braves". Even when inserting a new byte after Brave and changing 00 00 00 10 <--this byte to 11 to cover the extra byte, the game save goes corrupt... so... this leads me to believe there a master byte check of some sort SOMEWHERE.... lol... I haven't found where it is yet. Thank you very much for the picture mate, we personally talked on this same subject a few days ago (just noticed ur sig) ... the bottom of my game save does have zeroes but ends in "!DunDefPlayers.HeroTemplateSquire.......69.." I have a lot of zeros shortly after the tavern items, after the data like "DunDefArchetypes.EnemyDarkElf" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EndlessSeaofBytes.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	4825 where after is a sea of 00 bytes with "0743414D5053" "0743414D504341" "0743414D5048430000000002" etc in it's midst..... then it goes to hero template data until the bottom of the save file. So to re-hash, here's what I'm trying to do: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RainbowModsItemDesc.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	4824 I want to manually increase or decrease item names bytes, forger names bytes, item description bytes, etc...
    The part in your save where it has all/some of you characters at the bottom of your save is where it states your character results of missions (example most kills, fastest completion time) BUT NONE of those are linked to leaderboards. so there is no point is messing with those.

If you are gonig to do that jst add the mas you usually would (to items in you inventory) I never got it to correctly load (freezes...) when I modified a item/equipment on a character. As you edit your items keep track of how many bytes you are adding/removing, then after you have added/removed simply manipulate (change) the items you have in your "shop" (the last 9 items in your inventory/tavern if you haven't bought any [3 pets, 3 weapons, and 3 equipment])

So... In the end your save will actually have as many bytes added as removed. (there is still a chance of your save freezing when you load it if you are not extremely careful)
    ^I DO NOT recommend this to beginners or people that are not afraid to make back-ups and re-edit if your save freezes^

As for editing the weapon sting, you can mess around with it, but if you were to try to create a item/weapon that has not been added to the game example:
    Code:
    This is a generate-able staff- 4DunDefEquipment_DLC.EquipmentMage.MagicStaffStyle06
    and edit to-
    Code:
    This weapon style has not been added yet- 4DunDefEquipment_DLC.EquipmentMage.MagicStaffStyle12
    ^^non-generate-able staff^^
    If you were to accidently create a non-generate-able item it would just disappear when you load your save.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4737 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SSSTONERRR For This Useful Post:

XboxRainbowMods

btw I found the master byte count for the game save a while ago, it's the first 8 bytes in the game save.. it counts all the way down to your game play stats. HOWEVER, when adding bytes it still corrupts which leads me to believe that there's also a byte check in the back up file since process of elimination (tests I did to find any other byte changes in the game save when picking/dropping items) shows the only TOTAL byte check in the game save is the first 8 bytes. The only other discrepancy is the amount of zeros at the bottom which changes. Any thoughts?