360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
New to gamesaving and have a few questions
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Cool 2 New to gamesaving and have a few questions

Hey guys. So I made sure to do plenty of research before posting obvious questions but I still have a couple questions that always seem to have varying answers. Ive been flashing boxes for about 5 years now so Im familiar with whole ISO thing, but recently Ive been interested in game saving/trainers. My first question is how do you avoid getting your gt reset/avoid getting caught. I know that unlocking a full 1k for a game in 5 min will more than likely get you caught, but is there ways to pick and choose which achievements you want to pop, so they all dont unlock at once. Im usually always am going to be going online at one point or another in the day, so is it still safe? If you get achievements offline then sign back on, will they be able to detect anything because of the timestamp? Im really just looking for the most safe and reliable method, even if its over doing it. I was also wondering about the whole process and programs used and needed to get this all going. Ive seen modio come up a ton, and I already have a xbox ready usb. Just wondering the steps to take for game saving. And lastely does editors/trainers work in the same way and are they more safe? Sorry for all the questions. Everyone here really seems to know there shit so you probably get asked these questions alot. Any response would be awesome. Thanks guys

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: New to gamesaving and have a few questions

Well with Save Editors/Trainers read the directions for use some give very detailed info on what they unlock on the posted thread you got it from. As far as unlocking specific achievements use save sets(legit order) also read instruction's from the creators of the files. Test on offline profile before use to be safe. As for any modding or save editing use at your own risk. Hope this helps you out & Welcome to the site.

Haven Donator

Array

As long as you don't go crazy with unlocking achievements the wrong way, you should be fine.
    You should only use save sets if the achievement is really hard to get also please do not mod you avatar color.
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 5955 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts

Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.

Array

In no particular order...

1. Never unlock an online achievement offline.

2. Use legit order or single achievement saves. Avoid "Load & Pop" save sets unless you seriously know what you're doing.

3. Always test offline first. If something goes wrong, delete and recover your profile.

4. Research both the game and achievements you are working with. If you unlock something that is knowingly glitched or unobtainable, or in a non-sensible order, you are going to call a great deal of attention to yourself. The same goes for anything that takes a great deal of time to obtain. If less than 50 people on trueachievements have it, there's probably a reason why. There are also games where using a modified save is easily detected and can net you some unwanted consequences. Google something like "FIFA 12 virtual pro banned" for an example.

5. Use common sense. Unlocking 1000 GS on a single game in one day is rarely a good idea. Spread the achievements out over a realistic time frame. You can check guides on x360a and TA to get an idea of how long a game or achievement generally takes to complete.

6. Do not use saves that include DLC if you do not own the DLC.

7. Make backups of your own save before replacing it with a downloaded or modified save.

8. Do not post or reveal your gamertag in any thread, or on any site, that specifically deals with gamesaving.

9. See #1.

Will answer the other questions later today.

AYS0S

good post, but i'm confused.
    1. Never unlock an online achievement offline.

3. Always test offline first. If something goes wrong, delete and recover your profile.
    does that not contradict each other?

GenTrapstar

Quote Originally Posted by AYS0S View Post
    good post, but i'm confused.

does that not contradict each other?
    I think he means an Xbox LIVE achievement. Like public matches and ranked stuff. Never unlock one of those offline.

Haven Donator
    Array

Thanks for all the info guys. Any suggestions on software/programs?

GenTrapstar

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. Any suggestions on software/programs?
    Horizon or 360revolution.

I use to use Modio, but Horion is better. Just got 360R last week, but I don't really use it. Not saying its a bad program, but just don't use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast