360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
BioWare Responds To Mass Effect 3 Endings [SPOILERS]
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator

Array

BioWare Responds To Mass Effect 3 Endings [SPOILERS]

[Update] Mass Effect 3 executive producer Casey Hudson has issued the following statement on Mass Effect 3's endings:

There’s been a lot of discussion and debate about the conclusion of Mass Effect 3, so I thought I’d share my perspective with you here. I’ll avoid outright spoilers, but I’d still recommend finishing the game and experiencing it for yourself before reading this.

For the last eight years, Mass Effect has been a labor of love for our team; love for the characters we’ve created, for the medium of video games, and for the fans that have supported us. For us and for you, Mass Effect 3 had to live up to a lot of expectations, not only for a great gaming experience, but for a resolution to the countless storylines and decisions you’ve made as a player since the journey began in 2007. So we designed Mass Effect 3 to be a series of endings to key plots and storylines, each culminating in scenes that show you the consequences of your actions. You then carry the knowledge of these consequences with you as you complete the final moments of your journey.

We always intended that the scale of the conflict and the underlying theme of sacrifice would lead to a bittersweet ending—to do otherwise would betray the agonizing decisions Shepard had to make along the way. Still, we wanted to give players the chance to experience an inspiring and uplifting ending; in a story where you face a hopeless struggle for basic survival, we see the final moments and imagery as offering victory and hope in the context of sacrifice and reflection.

We've had some incredibly positive reactions to Mass Effect 3, from the New York Times declaring it “a gripping, coherent triumph”, to Penny Arcade calling it “an amazing accomplishment”, to emails and tweets from players who have given us the most profound words of appreciation we've ever received.

But we also recognize that some of our most passionate fans needed more closure, more answers, and more time to say goodbye to their stories—and these comments are equally valid. Player feedback such as this has always been an essential ingredient in the development of the series.

I am extremely proud of what this team has accomplished, from the first art concepts for the Mass Effect universe to the final moments of Mass Effect 3. But we didn't do it on our own. Over the course of the series, Mass Effect has been a shared experience between the development team and our fans—not just a shared experience in playing the games, but in designing and developing them. An outpouring of love for Garrus and Tali led to their inclusion as love interests in Mass Effect 2. A request for deeper RPG systems led to key design changes in Mass Effect 3. Your feedback has always mattered. Mass Effect is a collaboration between developers and players, and we continue to listen.

So where do we go from here? Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new content. And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be. This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard.

We look forward to your continued support and involvement as we work together to shape the remaining experiences in the story of the Mass Effect trilogy.

Thanks for taking this journey with us.

Casey Hudson

[Original Story] Following fan outrage and a number of online petitions, BioWare said today it will discuss the endings to Mass Effect 3 in due time.

BioWare said its listening to what fans are saying and are waiting until more people finish the game. "We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening," BioWare community manager Chris Priestly wrote on the official forums.

"Active discussions about the ending are more than welcome here, and the team will be reviewing it for feedback and responding when we can. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game.

"In the meantime, we’d like to ask that you keep the non-spoiler areas of our forums and our social media channels spoiler free. We understand there is a lot of debate on the Mass Effect 3 ending and we will be more than happy to engage in healthy discussions once more people get to experience the game.

"We are listening to all of your feedback."

[Source: BioWare]
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5279 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judd For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: BioWare Responds To Mass Effect 3 Endings [SPOILERS]

very interesting oh well i didnt get the game so this dont really matter to me lol, still nice share Judd :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24461 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Noctis Caelum

lol the ending was fine for me stop all the complaining lol love mass effect...but this is great news though

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Noctis Caelum For This Useful Post:

wngofpestilence

Quote Originally Posted by red hulk View Post
    lol the ending was fine for me stop all the complaining lol love mass effect...but this is great news though
    It really wasn't for me, i like many if not most of the people on this site am a die hard chuck fan. This being said the ending of ME3 even the best possible one feels like a let down to me and the feeling it left me with was the same defeat i felt at the end of chuck. I know they seem unrelated but they arent they are both stories of coming up from humble or atrocious beginnings and rising to the top taking or earning everything you've ever wanted then having it all stripped away by some jerk with a pen and pad of paper that works for our dime and our attention so I feel being a consumer in a consumer driven and paid for society the writers are to be held accountable and almost forced to appease us all. I would be pleased with an ME2 style ending that at least shows everyone you worked so hard to save and the chars that you became attached to if you will like Tali and her home being built or garrus and his family re-uniting not asking for much just a little seed. A little seed of hope.

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by red hulk View Post
    I also love Mass Effect but the ending, Honestly it made all choices you made in ME and ME2 kinda pointless to an extent save a bit of dialogue or different characters seen. Good example, Save the collector base in ME2, good on you now you get a few lines about it and see the destroyed reaper, Destroy the collector base, even less lines and you still see the Reaper on the Cerberus mother base. I mean that makes me feel ME2 was redundent and filler if that massive choice you made at the end of the primary story of ME2 was a few lines talking about it.

Though despite all that, I still loved it and still playing the hell out of it (Loving MP ranked 86 in AU leaderboards:) ) but that is my only grip about this game
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5599 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

mcglock47

not sure if this is real or not one of my friends told but i heard they are making a dlc to change the ending. I didnt really have a problem with the ending but it could have been better. i mean its bioware

Haven's Warrior lv55

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by mcglock47 View Post
    not sure if this is real or not one of my friends told but i heard they are making a dlc to change the ending. I didnt really have a problem with the ending but it could have been better. i mean its bioware
    I saw this interview where the producer says that it's not the last we gonna hear from Shepard .. So might be true bout the extra dlc .. I don't know bout changing the ending .. Maybe adding to it

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5425 || Posts : 771 || Thanks : 286 || Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts

NeoRizer

Just forget about it and move on to RE:ORC ....it's the new hotness...even though it's kind of crappy playing alone. It popped my broken street date cherry though. Thanks Wal-Mart. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast