360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
A little advise concerning recording XBOX 360 gameplay please.
Register
    Hikitakumori

A little advise concerning recording XBOX 360 gameplay please.

So I've always wanted to record my gameplay and some sexy cutscenes from various games, but never got to do it because I'd have to buy some hardware specific to do it. Now I'm in need of a new tv and I've heard to those Samsung smart tv can do this right. Can anyone confirm this or even better tell me which model? thanks guys.

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: A little advise concerning recording XBOX 360 gameplay please.

I use HDPVR around £160 with a quad core and 4 gig of ram and that is about minimum. then you need a HDTV with hd componant input, there are cheaper options like the dazzle capture device but I like high quality. feel free to check out my videos or any more questions I would be glad to answer.
    PS when buying a tv to recored gaming always find out about the input lag.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5431 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongmantv For This Useful Post:

Hikitakumori

Quote Originally Posted by Bongmantv View Post
    I use HDPVR around £160 with a quad core and 4 gig of ram and that is about minimum. then you need a HDTV with hd componant input, there are cheaper options like the dazzle capture device but I like high quality. feel free to check out my videos or any more questions I would be glad to answer.
    PS when buying a tv to recored gaming always find out about the input lag.
    Thanks man, I'm googling input lag right now. I would have never heard of this term if it wasn't for you. Oh that hdpvr thing that I didn't want to buy. It serves something too specific for me. I was hoping someone can tell me a model or even confirm that it's possible. Anyone? please.

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Hauppauge HDPVR1212

Never have any issues with input lag. And you can check out my videos for quality checking. It's basically 720p or 1080i depending on what you prefer. (I prefer 720p for videos myself).

Here's an example vid of FF13-2;

Last edited by Ryudo; 08-15-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5868 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Hikitakumori

Ok ok the things looks nice. But come on what's wrong with you people! It's like you're enticing me with some sort of drug. "here take a look, try it and you can buy it later. It's great. You're gonna have a hell of a ride with this. Here, I'll even demonstrate"

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

I ment the TV for input lag not the PVR, have you seen the gaming edition PVR witht he green light and no lag though Total Media Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Hauppauge HDPVR1212

Never have any issues with input lag. And you can check out my videos for quality checking. It's basically 720p or 1080p depending on what you prefer. (I prefer 720p for videos myself).

Here's an example vid of FF13-2;

I didn't think the PVR could capture 180p just i, i'm sure you render that with sony vegas or somthing?
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5431 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hikitakumori View Post
    Ok ok the things looks nice. But come on what's wrong with you people! It's like you're enticing me with some sort of drug. "here take a look, try it and you can buy it later. It's great. You're gonna have a hell of a ride with this. Here, I'll even demonstrate"
    That's generally the idea when you're asking for devices to use for gameplay video recording. I don't know about you, but I'd want to know what I'm buying, and what the quality is like when recording. =P

@Bongman:
    Woops yeah, my bad. It's recorded in 1080i, rendered using Vegas.

That's one of the other reasons why I prefer 720p since interlacing sucks in 1080i.
    And yeah, that kind of lag you mentioned I do notice. (aka that it lags behind in Total Media Extreme, you won't notice it in the final video however luckily).
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5868 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts