360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] GPD Editors
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPD Editors

Haven Donator
    Array

GPD Editors

It seems all the "Devs" on this site don't know much about the format of GPD Files, You cant treat them like static saves.
    (You should also stop treating STFS files like the base block is always the same, it rarely is)

The GPD(XDBF) format is the best documented and easiest Xbox format to handle.
    It is made up of 3 sections:
    The header,
    The tables(2 tables),
    And the raw binary data.

I'm not going to write out the format, as free60 has it almost completely correct.
    But I'm going to tell you stop to stop treating them like static files, show you how to handle them, and give you some basic code, for reading the tables and returning the offsets.

Games have only have direct access to the setting records, they can have a number of settings, but only upto 3 worth modding,
    1676165119(0x63E83FFF)
    1676165118(0x63E83FFE)
    1676165117(0x63E83FFD)
    They are the binary settings, they don't have to exist, and they cant be over 1024 bytes, but the first 24 bytes are not used by the game.

You can view this quick XDBF class that I made for 360 haven on git hub,
    Its just a lite class to read and get offsets for records,

init and reads the header and tables,
    Code:
    XboxClasses.XDBF.XDBF XDBF = new XboxClasses.XDBF.XDBF("C:\\Path\\To\\File\\.gpd");
    Two exceptions
    XboxClasses.XDBF.Exceptions.InvalidFileMagic - The file isn't valid, Its not a gpd
    XboxClasses.XDBF.Exceptions.InvalidVersion - The gpd version is incorrect, the only public version is 65536

Get the setting offset
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Postion = XDBF.GetSettingOffset(1676165119) + 24;//24 is the setting header, not used by the game
    One exception in GetSettingOffset
    XboxClasses.XDBF.Exceptions.SettingNotFound - the setting is not in the table.

Then you can just read the from the IO like normal
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Reader.ReadInt32()
    The IO is endian(big by default)
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.IsBigEndian = true;//>.< true = big, false = little
    Write
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Writer.WriteInt32(0);
    Close
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Stream.Close();
    Alert I really don't care if you use my code, It was quickly done, or if you give credit, but please, stop releasing the shitty tools that you just point a io to a static offset in GPDs

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to godzcheater For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array
    Lol, all this looks like an entire different language. R u sure this is English? Lmao j/k. That's why I'm a NOOBIE. But I'm sure the "devs" understand.

sent from my HTC EVO.
    Downloads : 13 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4965 || Posts : 370 || Thanks : 124 || Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: GPD Editors

Quote Originally Posted by godzcheater View Post
    It seems all the "Devs" on this site don't know much about the format of GPD Files, You cant treat them like static saves.
    (You should also stop treating STFS files like the base block is always the same, it rarely is)

The GPD(XDBF) format is the best documented and easiest Xbox format to handle.
    It is made up of 3 sections:
    The header,
    The tables(2 tables),
    And the raw binary data.

I'm not going to write out the format, as free60 has it almost completely correct.
    But I'm going to tell you stop to stop treating them like static files, show you how to handle them, and give you some basic code, for reading the tables and returning the offsets.

Games have only have direct access to the setting records, they can have a number of settings, but only upto 3 worth modding,
    1676165119(0x63E83FFF)
    1676165118(0x63E83FFE)
    1676165117(0x63E83FFD)
    They are the binary settings, they don't have to exist, and they cant be over 1024 bytes, but the first 24 bytes are not used by the game.

You can view this quick XDBF class that I made for 360 haven on git hub,
    Its just a lite class to read and get offsets for records,

init and reads the header and tables,
    Code:
    XboxClasses.XDBF.XDBF XDBF = new XboxClasses.XDBF.XDBF("C:\\Path\\To\\File\\.gpd");
    Two exceptions
    XboxClasses.XDBF.Exceptions.InvalidFileMagic - The file isn't valid, Its not a gpd
    XboxClasses.XDBF.Exceptions.InvalidVersion - The gpd version is incorrect, the only public version is 65536

Get the setting offset
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Postion = XDBF.GetSettingOffset(1676165119) + 24;//24 is the setting header, not used by the game
    One exception in GetSettingOffset
    XboxClasses.XDBF.Exceptions.SettingNotFound - the setting is not in the table.

Then you can just read the from the IO like normal
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Reader.ReadInt32()
    The IO is endian(big by default)
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.IsBigEndian = true;//>.< true = big, false = little
    Write
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Writer.WriteInt32(0);
    Close
    Code:
    XDBF.IO.Stream.Close();
    Alert I really don't care if you use my code, It was quickly done, or if you give credit, but please, stop releasing the shitty tools that you just point a io to a static offset in GPDs
    Nicely said! Now let's see if any of the "Devs" will follow.
    Downloads : 155 || Uploads : 15 || Rep Power : 6869 || Posts : 727 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 5,910 Times in 253 Posts

My Site: X3T-Infinity
    Owner of: Anarchy & GTA V Save Editor

Vincent Valentine

A lot of the dev's (including me) don't mess with GPD editors. Only one i know that tries is Hellboy and also XB36Hazard
    Last edited by Vincent Valentine; 06-25-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Noctis Caelum

fuck GPD's, lol....Na i never tried, might soon though

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

first of... this thread should be placed in c# sources/classes.

second ... devs that handels gpd's as static binary would not be able to use your class... why ?! because they simply cant...

i doubt the most devs dont know how to handel gpds...
    dont get me wrong though , u did great in posting this , just it wont change a lot... jizza posted his XDBF class along with a application to parse and read out all gpds entries... but didnt see anyone use it.
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8626 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Vincent Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post

second ... devs that handels gpd's as static binary would not be able to use your class... why ?! because they simply cant...

dont get me wrong though , u did great in posting this , just it wont change a lot... jizza posted his XDBF class along with a application to parse and read out all gpds entries... but didnt see anyone use it.
    Didn't even know Jizza made that... I don't like/try to make GPD editors. Their easier to just hex than use a tool in my opinion. A lot easier than modding a save as well... unless you have no idea on what your looking for in the GPD

DEADBEEF

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post

The stuff that I posted before is really old. The XDBF class was just an example of the information posted on free60. I also posted Hex Workshop bookmarks for XDBF and XContent for those who can't code but want to learn the file systems so they can h4x...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast