360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding with Hex Workshop
Register
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Dragjendaer

Dark Souls Modding with Hex Workshop

Hello all, I'm new to 360 Haven and new to modding in fact. I have searched through the forum trying to find a discussion that would help those of us who are entirely new to modding with such an advanced program. I have tried modding some myself using the "Snuggly the Barter" program (Works great BTW) but I am looking to do three things in essence. I would like to mod my item discovery rate (drop rate), give myself a kickass sword to start with, and place in my inventory a significant amount of reinforcement materials. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if a topic like this already exists but I have spent 6+ hours searching and was unable to find one that would, for lack of a better word, cater to someone like me. Again I await anxiously for a response on whether help can be offered or not. Thanks in advance.

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Dark Souls Modding with Hex Workshop

You can't mod Item Discovery, as for the other stuff just buy a bunch of the same item (for example buy 15 short swords) Then just replace the ID's of the Short Sword (0000000000030D40) with whichever ID you want...
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14295 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

Dragjendaer

@ idlehands, That's a start at least, but my problem is when removing my character data from my save file I only have two files with my character name in them and none of them list what the code corresponds to. I saw in a different post called "Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only" that the stats file have titles beside them indicating what each number refers to, could this just be for illustrative purposes? Also in a screen shot of a character with red eyes and neon emerald hair it shows his item discovery rate to be at 8000, just photoshop?

Back to the issue at hand, is there a specific character data file that I should use (ie. USER_DATA or USER_DATA0a)(those are the only two with my character name in them).

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dragjendaer View Post
    @ idlehands, That's a start at least, but my problem is when removing my character data from my save file I only have two files with my character name in them and none of them list what the code corresponds to. I saw in a different post called "Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only" that the stats file have titles beside them indicating what each number refers to, could this just be for illustrative purposes? Also in a screen shot of a character with red eyes and neon emerald hair it shows his item discovery rate to be at 8000, just photoshop?

Back to the issue at hand, is there a specific character data file that I should use (ie. USER_DATA or USER_DATA0a)(those are the only two with my character name in them).
    The item discovery picture was done by modding the game disc itself (was only for show, didn't change drop rate at all). As for what USER_DATA to use you don't need to worry about the USER_DATA0a file. If you're character is in the first slot when you go to load the game, then you would use USER_DATA, if your character is in the 2nd slot then you would mod USER_DATA01, etc...
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14295 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

Dragjendaer

Awesome, thanks for the help. I'm going to give it a try using some of the item ID's that others have already found. I really appreciate the help, hope this works. Do I still need to do the Checksum thing or is that for something else?

Haven Donator
    Array

i modded my save, and added some item now my game don't save in game any more..

Dragjendaer

I'm giving this a try but I'm a little confused about the encoding portion, I know that in the lists provided it says for Dragon Greatsword the code should be 00000000000566D0 but when I put this into the Hex Workshop it doesn't fill up the spots. Is this okay or am I not doing something correctly? Sorry I'm asking soo many questions. I really would like to learn more so I could do this on my own.

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dragjendaer View Post
    I'm giving this a try but I'm a little confused about the encoding portion, I know that in the lists provided it says for Dragon Greatsword the code should be 00000000000566D0 but when I put this into the Hex Workshop it doesn't fill up the spots. Is this okay or am I not doing something correctly? Sorry I'm asking soo many questions. I really would like to learn more so I could do this on my own.
    Make sure you are replacing the same amount of bytes when replacing the ID of a new weapon. If you add/remove bytes from the save then the save WILL corrupt (at least for this game it will).

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast