Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Array

Mass Effect 3 campaign details from Casey Hudson offer you a choice

Name:  me3pax5.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  38.7 KB
    Mass Effect 3begins with a choice among three different game modes -- story, roleplaying or action -- that will affect how the campaign plays out for each person.
    As BioWare executive produer Casey Hudson explains it toGame Informer, these choices are basically difficulty and auto-fill settings for people who expect different things from the Mass Effect experience.

"You have to make a game with a certain design before you realize that there are different player types," Hudson said. "One of the surprising pieces of feedback was for some players, it's not that they don't like the story. They love story. In fact, the story is so important to them that they feel the story choices are intimidating.

"So all these settings do is that they set some of the options on the option screen before you've played it and know what those options mean. Once you get in and start playing, you can change things."

The story setting will make it more difficult to die and makes the action scenes easier, so players can mow through enemies, Hudson said. The action mode fills in default dialogue that grants players access to a lot of interesting things, but "it's not canon," Hudson said. "We have a rule in our franchise that there is no canon."

If you decide to choose the inquisitive path, the rest of Hudson's interview is right here.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6952 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Mass Effect 3 campaign details from Casey Hudson offer you a choice

some nice info jkipp, im still not sure if i will get this game when it comes out, may wait for awhile before i get it.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24456 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Noctis Caelum

Best series ever made...can't wait for this

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by red hulk View Post
    Best series ever made...can't wait for this
    This and Metal Gear Solid are my top choices.

I have my N7 edition preordered and playing the waiting game, I know it is going to be great, but I still got linguring thoughts in the back of my head, in particular MP and how much of the story is going to revolve around earth.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5594 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Array
    Twitter: @

I dont get it!? Now i can choose the genre of the game: Story, Action or RPG ? o_O WTF BIOWARE ?!
    ....ok, i pre-order your game just to complete the trilogy =P
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5304 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 88 Times in 28 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

Demon

Array

I'll pick it up I'm sure, but I've been losing faith in bioware ever since EA bought them, it seems that games now are being "dumbed down" in a sense, just to sell more copies. It's a business, sure, but it just follows a disappointing trend. I spent hundreds of hours on ME1, where you actually had to plan your character, and battles were more tactical. ME2 really felt more like a shooter with rpg elements, the article makes me worry that they've taken that ever further. I love the story though, and even if I don't buy it right away, I need it to finish off the trilogy, never thought I'd say this, but I think I'll have to rent it first to decide when I'll buy it.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5455 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

dwis

i still wait for this game

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    I'll pick it up I'm sure, but I've been losing faith in bioware ever since EA bought them, it seems that games now are being "dumbed down" in a sense, just to sell more copies. It's a business, sure, but it just follows a disappointing trend. I spent hundreds of hours on ME1, where you actually had to plan your character, and battles were more tactical. ME2 really felt more like a shooter with rpg elements, the article makes me worry that they've taken that ever further. I love the story though, and even if I don't buy it right away, I need it to finish off the trilogy, never thought I'd say this, but I think I'll have to rent it first to decide when I'll buy it.
    I see it kinda like this "It would be really hard to dumb it down anymore than it was in ME2:P" Being honest they essentially trashed the whole leveling system so an 6 year old can understand and be entertained with its new shooter style. But one thing they did do well was the story, they kept it mature and intelligent which is a good plus. I am expecting the story again to be good no matter how it is showcased in the end.

I still hope they do bring back even if it is only in a small sense, their level system and make the rpg elements stand out as the primary aspect of the game. A Man can dream right... Right?
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5594 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast