360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Prototype 2 EP Hex Editing.
Register
    Array

[Tutorial] Prototype 2 EP Hex Editing.

Hey guys just a quick tutorial to let you all know its possible to hex edit your level in prototype 2. First things first. Leveling in prototype 2 differs from the first game. In prototype you gained EP and used this to unlock new abilities. In prototype 2 EP allows you to gain levels. Everytime you level up you get an ability point and these can be used to upgrade Heller. You get a choice of movement, health, regeneration etc. So all this tutorial will do is get you to level 23 and make it possible to have a hardened Heller at the beginning of the game and is useful if your looking to bear hard first tome through (like me)

Things you need:

Device explorer e.g USBXtaf
    Hex editor
    Prototype 2 save file
    Xbox 360 hash block calculator
    Your EP (evolution points)

1. Load your game up and press start to go into the map menu. Scroll along to Heller at the top and select it. On the Heller screen go to the bottom right option should be "Evolution" and select that. On this screen or show you your progress toward your next level. Make a note of the EP on top of the progress bar.

2. Take your storage device and put it into your PC and extract your save slot-B.bin if its your first save you want to mod using your chosen device explorer. (There should be 3 saves in your prototype 2 folder. Options, slot-A, slot-B. I believe slot-A is your autosave and I haven't tried to mod this I used my manual save which is slot-B.bin)

3. Open your save in a hex editor. I used HxD but hex workshop has a base converter which we need. I haven't found one in HxD yet so I just google it. My EP was 7085 so I just searched 7085 in hex.

4. When you get your hex value go back to your hex editor and search for your value in your save. Use ctrl+f hotkey.

5. It should only find 1 instance. Once found change the value to 1E 84 80 this should give you 2000000 EP and its enough to get you to level 22. Anything higher than this can mess up your game. (I did mine to 16mil and I couldn't access missions) You could always change it to a lower value if you only want to gain a few levels.

6. Save your file in hex editor and open it up in Xbox 360 hash block calculator. Click tools and calculate hash blocks. Then you can close the program.

7. Go back to your device explorer inject your modded save an load it up on your Xbox and enjoy your high level save!

That's it. Hope you enjoyed my tut and I will be looking to add screenshots soon.

Thanks to gelboy over at XPGamesaves for informing me about using max EP can damage your save.
    Last edited by davedave; 04-22-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Changed amount of EP you can safely mod after testing and feedback

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to davedave For This Useful Post:

I C0z I

Re: [Tutorial] Prototype 2 EP Hex Editing.

good tuts my friend

Vincent Valentine

nice tutorial :)

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

very nice tutorial shared man :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by davedave View Post
    Hey guys just a quick tutorial to let you all know its possible to hex edit your level in prototype 2. First things first. Leveling in prototype 2 differs from the first game. In prototype you gained EP and used this to unlock new abilities. In prototype 2 EP allows you to gain levels. Everytime you level up you get an ability point and these can be used to upgrade Heller. You get a choice of movement, health, regeneration etc. So all this tutorial will do is get you to level 23 and make it possible to have a hardened Heller at the beginning of the game and is useful if your looking to bear hard first tome through (like me)

Things you need:

Device explorer e.g USBXtaf
    Hex editor
    Prototype 2 save file
    Xbox 360 hash block calculator
    Your EP (evolution points)

1. Load your game up and press start to go into the map menu. Scroll along to Heller at the top and select it. On the Heller screen go to the bottom right option should be "Evolution" and select that. On this screen or show you your progress toward your next level. Make a note of the EP on top of the progress bar.

2. Take your storage device and put it into your PC and extract your save slot-B.bin if its your first save you want to mod using your chosen device explorer. (There should be 3 saves in your prototype 2 folder. Options, slot-A, slot-B. I believe slot-A is your autosave and I haven't tried to mod this I used my manual save which is slot-B.bin)

3. Open your save in a hex editor. I used HxD but hex workshop has a base converter which we need. I haven't found one in HxD yet so I just google it. My EP was 7085 so I just searched 7085 in hex.

4. When you get your hex value go back to your hex editor and search for your value in your save. Use ctrl+f hotkey.

5. It should only find 1 instance. Once found I changed my value to FF FF FF this gave me 16777315 EP and its enough to get you to top level I believe. You could always change it to another value if you only want to gain a few levels.

6. Save your file in hex editor and open it up in Xbox 360 hash block calculator. Click tools and calculate hash blocks. Then you can close the program.

7. Go back to your device explorer inject your modded save an load it up on your Xbox and enjoy your high level save!

That's it. Hope you enjoyed my tut and I will be looking to add screenshots soon.
    Great tut :) but is there not like 4 editors for this game already? lol

charles0568

great teacher!!! thx !! it's useful!

hivmunky

I'm going to have to try this. This tut makes me feel smart lol