360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Downsyndrome Meme girl finds out shes a meme
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator

Array

Downsyndrome Meme girl finds out shes a meme

Tearful Heidi Crowter has only just been told about the sexual and derogatory comments being made about an innocent picture of her online.

The 16-year-old has been the target of several other sick pages on Facebook bearing her image.

The photos of Heidi, from Coventry, as a toddler had been stolen from a website for a parents’ support group.

Horrified mum Liz and husband Steve have been bombarding Facebook to take down the sites and so far only one has been removed.

Liz, 45, said the internet trolls behind the posts had been using images of her daughter for months and Facebook had made no direct contact with her to resolve the issue.

Heidi’s pictures were taken from a local support group website, which Liz ran for about five years.

She said pages carrying Heidi’s image are still active despite Liz reporting the problem TWO WEEKS ago.

She said: “It’s almost like Faceless rather than Facebook, we have been repeatedly trying to take these distressing sites down and I have not once had a direct response.

“These trolls are cowardly, nasty people who should be punished for the damage they are doing to people with their comments.

“They have no right to take Heidi’s image and use it alongside these cruel sites. If you look at the lad who made those comments about Fabrice Muamba online, he was taken to court.

“Heidi has told me she is very upset by the sites and she turns her head away when we have them on the computer screen.”

Liz said one image had been taken down but that another was still active.

In September, Liz found her daughter’s picture on a Facebook page which insulted people with Down’s Syndrome and other learning difficulties.

The mother-of-four contacted Facebook and West Midlands Police, who she said informed her it was not a matter for officers.

Over the weekend Liz was told by friends that Heidi’s picture had been put on a new page which insulted people with Down’s Syndrome.

Liz said: “In normal life, in reality if you like, we have never had anyone make any comments to us or insult Heidi.

“It’s only because these trolls can hide behind the internet that they do this kind of thing, but it’s just as bad as someone saying it in the street.

Violated
    “I feel violated and violated on Heidi’s behalf. I’m disgusted that people can be so sick.

“It’s not just Heidi, it’s photos of other people’s children as well.”

Liz said Heidi was a “very independent young lady” who was studying for her GCSEs at a mainstream school and doing a hairdressing course.

“She’s funny, stubborn and very kind.

“We’re all very upset and it and they [her other children] see her as a lovely sibling that they want to protect and support.”

Facebook said that once images were reported using its online link, they were reviewed by its User Operations Team.

A spokesman said: “When people on Facebook do find themselves in a situation where they feel uncomfortable, we encourage them to use our reporting tools so the content or activity can be investigated.

“We also have a set of rules that set out how people are expected to behave - the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.”

West Midlands Police confirmed it had received a complaint on September 17 but this was withdrawn after the photograph was removed from Facebook.

Officers who wanted to reassure the caller arranged to visit them on September 22 “to ensure no offences had been committed”, a spokesman said.
    Source: The Sun
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5275 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judd For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Downsyndrome Meme girl finds out shes a meme

and facebook proves once again how pathetic a site it really is lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

/implying that meme's (and potato) come from facebook...

Nothing will happen, no offence to her, but no one can do shit, and if they try to enforce something, it will spark more widerspread use of that particular meme.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5595 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paprika For This Useful Post:

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
    /implying that meme's (and potato) come from facebook...

Nothing will happen, no offence to her, but no one can do shit, and if they try to enforce something, it will spark more widerspread use of that particular meme.
    I have to agree. It's impossible to fight against this sort of thing. Once it's out on the internet, it's there to stay forever. Trying to get Facebook to take down a bunch of Group pages won't matter at all considering there's probably already thousands of other websites containing them.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5870 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

they would realise they are warm human beings like anyone else.’
    Except for the whole extra chromosome thing, can't say i've got a spare lying around.

Operation Potatogag is in effect.

Her facebook was also hacked full of potatos, it really was a downy move to go apeshit over this.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5635 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Array

I remember seeing her as a meme on 4chan in 2005. This was old but now she's made a big deal out of it, the trolls will now feed off this and make more meme's out of her. Big mistake going to the papers about it I must say

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by xBASSxMONSTAx View Post
    I remember seeing her as a meme on 4chan in 2005. This was old but now she's made a big deal out of it, the trolls will now feed off this and make more meme's out of her. Big mistake going to the papers about it I must say
    I would bet a shiny gold potato that it was her mother's doing. She gives out the media attention seeking feel after readin the report.

I could imagine /b/ going insane over this (probably had a hand in the facebook hack), all for teh lolz
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5595 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paprika For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

What if the mother is the troll all along, and is actually just trying to get everybody else in a flame war about her own "response" to the issue?

Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast