360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Shoutbox? SHOUTBOX?? NOOOOOOOO!!!
Register
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Shoutbox? SHOUTBOX?? NOOOOOOOO!!!

What happened to the shoutbox? I was gonna pop in to talk about trying to run Civilization II on my current setup and how stupid it is that 64-bit systems can't run 16-bit programs. But I can't find the shoutbox, so my irreverent and entirely pointless dribble is left unheard! Did I miss something?
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6833 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Shoutbox? SHOUTBOX?? NOOOOOOOO!!!

the shoutbox has its on page now on 360haven you can find it here: http://www.360haven.com/?pageid=shoutbox
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24456 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

But why? Why would we do this? It was so convenient before! Why?

Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6833 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Haven Donator
    Array

To be quite frank I am glad it is no longer visible. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned pointless dribble because it seemed every time I logged on that is what I seen. Honestly this is exactly what this site needs, maybe now we can re-focus on what made this site great in the first place & that is sharing information & great X360 content.
    Downloads : 6 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 4553 || Posts : 275 || Thanks : 158 || Thanked 216 Times in 64 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    But why? Why would we do this? It was so convenient before! Why?

you will have to ask Seph, i liked where it was before too, im thinking Seph did it to speed up the site but im only guessing here lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24456 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by agent zero View Post
    To be quite frank I am glad it is no longer visible. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned pointless dribble because it seemed every time I logged on that is what I seen. Honestly this is exactly what this site needs, maybe now we can re-focus on what made this site great in the first place & that is sharing information & great X360 content.
    I disagree. What makes 360 Haven stand out from other modding sites is the community more than anything. The shoutbox was a quick way to get a word in without having to start a whole new thread. And while the shoutbox is often filled with pointless nonsense, it's more often than not used as a public communication hub between parties who are modding a game or three- it was a great place to get a quick answer to any problem without sacrificing both the time and bandwidth space that goes into starting a new thread, and that quickness has been taken away now that it's not conveniently on the front page anymore. One of the things that I liked about the shoutbox was that it was right there where everybody would see it: I'd get all the updates of our more active members without having to actively go looking for them, and any question or comment I had would be almost guaranteed a read because nobody else would have to go looking for them. Add to that, the "non-member" members like developers and VIP have hidden shoutboxes where discussion of specific natures can happen in real-time (such as the staff shoutbox discussing what changes we'll make with the site) and effectively functions as an instant messenger without the hassle of having to download and subscribe to a third-party IM service. As it was, it was incredibly convenient, and the pros outweighed the cons in my opinion.

That having been said, everybody is entitled to their viewpoint. Plus, Seph is the webmaster, so if he decided to move it then that's his choice. Just because I don't like the idea doesn't mean it was a bad one. I did notice that the site was running a little smoother, after all (whether that's because Seph moved the shoutbox or because I turned off my bandwidth limiter within my router, I can't say).

Still don't like it though... -_-;

--Gamefaqs.com

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array

Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9403 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.