360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] How to use FFXED save editor for FFX HD
Register
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Array
    Twitter: @

How to use FFXED save editor for FFX HD

Guide to using FFXED to edit FFX HD savedata

The players from a Chinese forum figured out way of editing the PS3 Savedata by copying and pasting the hex values from the HD save to a PSU save, which then can be edited with FFXED. It is possible because the save structure is identical to the one from ps2 international version except the save file size.

Tools Needed:

1. Bruteforce Save Data 4.7.3 or Bruteforce Save Data 4.7.4
    2. MemorySumChecker or FFX&X2 HD Checksum Utility
    3. PSU Save template FIXED
    4. FFXED
    5. HxD Hex Editor

Optional
    6. MyMC Alpha 2.5
    7. Ps2 Save Builder 0.8x
    8. FFX INT Ps2 Raw file use this instead of a PSU if you copy you're HD saves data at offsets 0-638A into it then you can open it directly in FFXED see Simpler method for more Info

Instructions:

1. Copy your FFX-HD save to your PC, Decrypt it using Bruteforce.
    2. Go to save folder and Use HxD Editor to open the file “save”
    3. Right click in the Editor and choose “select block…”
    4. In Start-offset, put in 00; in End-Offset, put 67FF, make sure you choose hex at the bottom, then Ok.
    5. Right click and choose copy.
    6. Open up the “template.psu” using HxD. Then in that file, choose Search -> Goto from toolbar, put in 9400, “Hex”, and choose “begin”, then ok.
    7. This will move the cursor to the 9400 position, now remember the hex values we copied from the PS3 save? At this location, right click and “paste write”, this will overwrite the values.
    8. File-> save the Template.psu. open it up with FFXED and edit whatever cheat.*DON’T CHANGE ANY NAMES*
    9. With Template.PSU that has been modified with FFXED. Open it up with Hex editor.
    10. Right click -> select block… put start offset 9400, end offset at FBFF. Hit ok, then right click->copy.
    11. Go back to the tab with the PS3 Save, use search-> goto, put in hex offset: 00 (the very beginning)
    12. Right click-> "paste write" the hex values from .PSU template. Then save.
    13. Go back to bruteforce and encrypt the ps3 save.
    14. Decrypt the same save again.
    15. Launch memorysumchecker, use Ctrl+O to open up the “save” file
    16. In the dropdownmenu from left side, make sure you choose X HD in the dropdown menu on left panel, then hit that play button right above it, it should give you certain value on the bottom after “SHOW: XX XX 00 00 00 00 00 00”
    17. With that certain value XX XX, go back to bruteforce, on the left bottom where “SAVES” is, right click on that file and “Open Selected file with patch creator”
    18. On the right side panel is the cheat for the FFXHD, go all the way down to the working checksum, if you don’t have it, copy and paste this:

Code:

[Update Checksums Final Fantasy X (Working)]
    1000001A 0000xxxx
    100064F4 0000xxxx

19. Remember the XX XX value from memorysumchecker? Put those four in the XXXX part of checksum above.
    20. Hit “save” button on top, then close patch creator.
    21. Go to cheat-> apply cheat, and select the checksum to apply it to the save.
    22. Encrypt save, transfer to PS3, Play."

from a user on NGU

no need to create a save editor for the game guys the ps2 one works

Ignore Tsuruke's post the whole pont of the thread is speaking about fuzzys FFXED not a Japanese program that has a limited chance of actually running

-
    This should be a simpler method that i combined

extract the file BISLPS-25088FF090601 out of the FFX.psu
    with Ps2_Save_Builder_0.8x

Copy your FFX-HD save to your PC, Decrypt it using Bruteforce.
    Go to save folder and Use HxD Editor to open the file “save”
    Right click in the Editor and choose “select block…”
    In Start-offset, put in 00; in End-Offset, put 638A, make sure you choose hex at the bottom, then Ok.
    Right click and choose copy.

Open the ripped out file BISLPS-25088FF090601
    goto offset 00
    Paste write
    Save
    Open the Raw in FFXED mod it

Open it in hxD
    In Start-offset, put in 00; in End-Offset, put 638A,
    copy it

Go back to the tab with the PS3 Save, use search-> goto, put in hex offset: 00 (the very beginning)
    Right click-> "paste write" the hex values from Raw template. Then save.
    Go back to bruteforce and encrypt the ps3 save.
    Decrypt the same save again.
    Launch memorysumchecker, use Ctrl+O to open up the “save” file
    In the dropdownmenu from left side, make sure you choose X HD in the dropdown menu on left panel, then hit that play button right above it, it should give you certain value on the bottom after “SHOW: XX XX 00 00 00 00 00 00”
    With that certain value XX XX, go back to bruteforce, on the left bottom where “SAVES” is, right click on that file and “Open Selected file with patch creator”
    On the right side panel is the cheat for the FFXHD, go all the way down to the working checksum, if you don’t have it, copy and paste this:

Code:

1000001A 0000xxxx
    100064F4 0000xxxx

Remember the XX XX value from memorysumchecker? Put those four in the XXXX part of checksum above.
    Hit “save” button on top, then close patch creator.
    Go to cheat-> apply cheat, and select the checksum to apply it to the save.
    Encrypt save, transfer to PS3, Play."

Released saves created with this Method
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...D-Starter-Save

Released saves created with Brute force
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...tremely-Modded

Video Tutorial Based on the Simpler method that i came up with

X X-2 HD Codelist PUBLIC Version - V5.rar

The Brute force link is a specially crafted version that i use with various fusions of many different code files for the result of 1,557 code files and a lot of games it can modify
    Last edited by Zirothos; 08-13-2019 at 08:50 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zirothos For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: How to use FFXED save editor for FFX HD

Quote Originally Posted by Zirothos View Post
    "Using FFXED to edit FFX HD savedata

The players from Chinese forum figured out a of editing the PS3 Savedata by copying and pasting the hex values from the HD save to a PSU save, which then can be edited with FFXED. It is possible because the save structure is identical to the one from ps2 international version except the save file size.

Tools Needed:

1. Bruteforce Save Data: Bruteforce Save Data 4.6
    2. MemorySumChecker: MemorySumChecker
    3. .PSU Save template: .PSU Template
    4. FFXED : FFXED : Final Fantasy X Save Editor
    5. A Hex editor, I personally use HxD Editor: HxD Hex Editor

BACK UP YOUR SAVES!!! AND USE THIS METHOD AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Instructions:

1. Copy your FFX-HD save to your PC, Decrypt it using Bruteforce.
    2. Go to save folder and Use HxD Editor to open the file “save”
    3. Right click in the Editor and choose “select block…”
    4. In Start-offset, put in 00; in End-Offset, put 67FF, make sure you choose hex at the bottom, then Ok.
    5. Right click and choose copy.
    6. Open up the “template.psu” using HxD. Then in that file, choose Search -> Goto from toolbar, put in 9400, “Hex”, and choose “begin”, then ok.
    7. This will move the cursor to the 9400 position, now remember the hex values we copied from the PS3 save? At this location, right click and “paste write”, this will overwrite the values.
    8. File-> save the Template.psu. open it up with FFXED and edit whatever cheat.*DON’T CHANGE ANY NAMES*
    9. With Template.PSU that has been modified with FFXED. Open it up with Hex editor.
    10. Right click -> select block… put start offset 9400, end offset at FBFF. Hit ok, then right click->copy.
    11. Go back to the tab with the PS3 Save, use search-> goto, put in hex offset: 00 (the very beginning)
    12. Right click-> "paste write" the hex values from .PSU template. Then save.
    13. Go back to bruteforce and encrypt the ps3 save.
    14. Decrypt the same save again.
    15. Launch memorysumchecker, use Ctrl+O to open up the “save” file
    16. In the dropdownmenu from left side, make sure you choose X HD in the dropdown menu on left panel, then hit that play button right above it, it should give you certain value on the bottom after “SHOW: XX XX 00 00 00 00 00 00”
    17. With that certain value XX XX, go back to bruteforce, on the left bottom where “SAVES” is, right click on that file and “Open Selected file with patch creator”
    18. On the right side panel is the cheat for the FFXHD, go all the way down to the working checksum, if you don’t have it, copy and paste this:

Code:

1000001A 0000xxxx
    100064F4 0000xxxx

19. Remember the XX XX value from memorysumchecker? Put those four in the XXXX part of checksum above.
    20. Hit “save” button on top, then close patch creator.
    21. Go to cheat-> apply cheat, and select the checksum to apply it to the save.
    22. Encrypt save, transfer to PS3, Play."

from a user on NGU

Not to hijack your thread or anything, if the PS2 editor works then there is a better, English version out there since days of old... (assuming you were using this Japanese tool thaat you posted here)
    If you were talking about this editor, then disregard the message but there are the links provided.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1j...y_X_Editor.zip
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b...is/1397223867/

Although, I'm sure slyful or someone will still make an updated/modern editor, regardless.
    But good tutorial nevertheless.

Screenshot: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...XED_v0.744.png
    Credits go to: fuzzymillipede (for the PS2 FFX editor)
    Last edited by Tsuruke; 04-11-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 39 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2s1lwg4.jpg[/img]

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Nice find. FFXED is an amazing Editor that has pretty much everything you'll ever need in FFX. And on top of that it has the nifty lightning dodge editor. Might help with the "dodge 200 in a row" thingy.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5848 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

One Hit Wonder
    Array

where can i get a template.psu?

i am trying to do this but i cant find .PSU Save template: .PSU Template anywhere for download. i have everything else.
    Last edited by Original Boss; 04-12-2014 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Don't double post!

Array
    Twitter: @

well i tried putting the template in but the site simply errors it
    Last edited by Zirothos; 08-09-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Array

Wow, Thanks a lot for this tut! It was a lot of help and i had really been trying to figure it out!

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsawyaj View Post
    where can i get a template.psu?

i am trying to do this but i cant find .PSU Save template: .PSU Template anywhere for download. i have everything else.
    You can use the template that Zirothos posted or just use your own .psu of FFX either from a PS2 memcard or PCSX2.

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the FFX-2 Celsius SE on FFX-2 HD? Hopefully it's possible just like the FFXED! :D
    Downloads : 27 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4521 || Posts : 39 || Thanks : 122 || Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Never Back Down

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zirothos View Post
    from a user on NGU

Ignore Tsuruke's post the whole pont of the thread is speaking about fuzzys FFXED not a Japanese program that has a limited chance of actually running
    With all due respect, I wouldn't go as far as to say ignore the whole post.

I assisted you in supplying a link to the tool (with credits) that the tutorial was made for (and the virus scan of it). So that everyone here would be able to download, use the tool and find the tutorial you contributed, more useful.
    Also here is the source (thread) that this tutorial came from: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...ml#post5756749

So my initial post wasn't entirely useless.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 39 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2s1lwg4.jpg[/img]

Karnage420

oh my god thanks i made the perfect new game plus save with a perfect end game save i found on the internet thanks so much

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast