360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
How do i hex edit dark souls.
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive Member
    Array

How do i hex edit dark souls.

Hi im kind of new here but this is a really great site i was wondering if anybody could lead me in the direction of where to mod dark souls using hex edit i want to edit my inventory if that is possible such as the ammount of items that i have if anybody could help me out id be very gratefull =p

Haven Donator
    modder

Array

Re: How do i hex edit dark souls.

Use the search function. There are several threads and tutorials here with enough info in them to figure it out.

wazwolf

As another new person looking for this "wealth" of starting info... I need to say there is none. I mean none. Well, at least not what the new person is looking for. There is a disconnect between what we consider beginning info, and what the more informed take as beginning info. A gap.

There are many dead links, especially to a certain Youtube video that does not exist. Or links to more... advanced starting tips. Plus, there are many that assume you know how to start already and say "simple, you just open this and do that and tada."

Would be nice to truly have a starter-up guide to explain how to get the Save onto the computer to begin editing, like even the simple part of navigating the Save onto the USB. A full beginning to end guide.

When trying to do key-word searches about the beginning steps, you'll find the words easily... but used in the context that assumes you already know them. Or needing a few web pages open at once to piecemeal all the different "beginning" steps (different people giving advice start at what they view as the "beginning")

The search using just the word "beginner" has me pulling my hair out at why one would assume that is where a beginner would start lol.

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by wainyboy View Post
    Hi im kind of new here but this is a really great site i was wondering if anybody could lead me in the direction of where to mod dark souls using hex edit i want to edit my inventory if that is possible such as the ammount of items that i have if anybody could help me out id be very gratefull =p
    You don't need to just use the modding tool.
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 5948 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts

Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by wazwolf View Post
    As another new person looking for this "wealth" of starting info... I need to say there is none. I mean none. Well, at least not what the new person is looking for. There is a disconnect between what we consider beginning info, and what the more informed take as beginning info. A gap.

There are many dead links, especially to a certain Youtube video that does not exist. Or links to more... advanced starting tips. Plus, there are many that assume you know how to start already and say "simple, you just open this and do that and tada."

Would be nice to truly have a starter-up guide to explain how to get the Save onto the computer to begin editing, like even the simple part of navigating the Save onto the USB. A full beginning to end guide.
    To get your save off your 360

1) Insert USB Thumbdrive into 360 (make sure it is formatted to work on your 360)

2) Go to My XBox ---> System Settings ---> Memory

3) Select Hard Drive

4) Go to Games ---> DARK SOULS ----> Dark Souls (this is your saved game)

5) Click "Move" and select "Memory Unit"

Your Dark Souls save is now on your thumb drive

To get your Dark Souls save from your thumb drive to computer for modding

1) Insert thumb drive into computer

2) Download XTaf (this is what I use there are others you can use) from here

3) Open Xtaf ---> File ---> Open first USB Drive

4) Navigate to your Dark Souls save, right click, and click Extract (save it wherever you want)

Your Dark Souls save is now on your computer Hard drive

Extract USER_DATA from your Dark Souls save and mod

1) You need some things: Download Modio or Horizon and Hex Workshop

3) Open your Dark Souls save in Modio or Horizon and extract USER_DATA

3a) MODIO: Click "Open a save", select your Dark Souls save, click "File Contents" tab, right click "USER_DATA" and click "Extract"

OR

3b) HORIZON: Click "Tools" tab in Horizon, click "Package Manager", click "Open" and open your Dark Souls save. Click "Contents" tab and right click and extract "USER_DATA"

You now have your USER_DATA from your Dark Souls save on your computer ready for modding with Hex Workshop.

Modding with Hex Workshop

I'm not going to go through all the hex edit stuff. It's too difficult to explain fully. You need to do some more research. Here's a GREAT link (read through this thread in its entirety - it has everything you need to know):

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...ussion-Only%21

Hope this helps!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrjinglesusa For This Useful Post:

reufroman

Wow thanks, I see what I was doing wrong the whole time. I skipped the part using Modio to extract the USER_DATA. I appreciate you taking time to write this out thanks!

Advertiser

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Insane JIC View Post
    You don't need to just use the modding tool.

That's what I did........but then again I'm not that good with hex editing either lol!

aareyn

Thanks everyone for all the information but I do think someone needs to make a better tutorial for this its pretty vague on some points ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast