The Witcher 2 gets 2.0 update next week, Steam sale begins today
Register
    VIP Member

Array

The Witcher 2 gets 2.0 update next week, Steam sale begins today

Name:  witcher-press-conf-530.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  25.8 KB
    During a livestreamed press conference this afternoon, Polish developer CD Projekt Red detailed many of the 2.0 changes coming to its hit PC title, The Witcher 2.
    Those features include a new tutorial system, addressing complaints that the game dropped players off right into the deep-end of the gameplay pool.

If you're complaint wasn't that the game was too hard but rather too easy, version 2.0 also introduces the so-called "Dark" mode, which " is nearly as difficult as 'Insane,' but allows players to save the game." And if your complaint wasn't that The Witcher 2 was too easy or too hard, but rather too finite, you'll be interested in Arena mode, which is a wave-based arcade mode, where players will fight (and fight and fight) until they finally succumb to the enemy horde. Depending on how you fared, you could opt to upload your progress to Facebook or the game's forums.

In addition to the PC enhancements, the upcoming Xbox 360 "adaptation" (don't call it a port!) includes all of the new 2.0 features, as well as some other "new features." Most notable, according to CD Projekt Red, is an all-new "4 minutes long CGI Intro by Oscar nominee, and BAFTA winner, animator Tomasz Bagiński." Baginski did the CGI intro for the first Witcher title, but promises, "The CGI Intro for The Witcher 2 will have different flavor than the one known from the first Witcher game." And before you get too upset, PC players, while the CGI intro is strangely being billed as an Xbox "feature" it will "be part of the future update of the PC version of the game as well."

The 2.0 update hits PC a week from today, on September 29th, for the low, low price of free, while the Xbox 360 release is still expected in the Q1 2012 window. If you've been looking for an excuse to try your hand at witching, a new retail price point as well as some digital promotions should help. Beginning today, the Steam version is available for $29.99 (or €29.99) until October 6. CD Projekt Red sister company GoG.com will offer a DRM-free version on the 29th for the same price, until October 6 as well. If retail is more your thing, The Witcher 2 is getting a $10 drop from $49 to $39 (or €39), a price already beat by Amazon.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6932 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: The Witcher 2 gets 2.0 update next week, Steam sale begins today

looking forward to this game for 360, great info posted jkipp :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24436 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array
    Twitter: @

Nice!!! looking forward to this game
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5283 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 88 Times in 28 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

Haven Donator

Array

Best single player game i've played this year. This is going to go in good for my next playthrough:)
    Last edited by Paprika; 09-25-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5574 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Hoshikage

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
    Best single player game, I've played this year. This is going to go in good for my next playthrough:)
    I have the game but I cant play it till i finish the first game I might as well wait for 2.0 :).
    I love this company.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8221 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    I have the game but I cant play it till i finish the first game I might as well wait for 2.0 :).
    I love this company.
    Love to play the first one again but really can't be stuffed with the win7 workaround, plus after playing 2 the fighting in 1 would feel so disjointed.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5574 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts