360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Advice for a beginner?
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array
    Twitter: @

Advice for a beginner?

I really want to start making save editors to release here on 360haven, currently im just using a hex editor just playing around with it trying to just discover what i can do in gta 4 and also in sonic adventures, so basically im looking for advice on making a save editor, im decent in vb, and ive read lots of tutorials, and now im just looking for advice or tips or whatever any of you can give me on hex editing or making a save editor,
    (i believe this is posted in the right spot, but not too sure)
    Last edited by The Icon Jordan; 04-18-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Extorris
    Array

Re: Advice for a beginner?

Quote Originally Posted by jt dunn View Post
    I really want to start making save editors to release here on 360haven, currently im just using a hex editor just playing around with it trying to just discover what i can do in gta 4 and also in wwe 13, so basically im looking for advice on making a save editor, im decent in vb, and ive read lots of tutorials, and now im just looking for advice or tips or whatever any of you can give me on hex editing or making a save editor,
    (i believe this is posted in the right spot, but not too sure)
    I suggest you start with some games that don't have any security on their gamesaves. As the values will be easier to find and edit. If you take a little trip to the programming section. You will find some sample source codes that show you how PackageIO is used. That's a great library when you want to start to get into save edititors.
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8132 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

I tried this in the past but my brain can't grasp the understanding of making one it was to complex XD Jappi tried to help but when he started to type some code i was like it just looks like random stuff and i was thinking to myself i should of taken the blue pill

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    I tried this in the past but my brain can't grasp the understanding of making one it was to complex XD Jappi tried to help but when he started to type some code i was like it just looks like random stuff and i was thinking to myself i should of taken the blue pill
    The blue pill. Lmao, ahh you made me giggle :3
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8132 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The blue pill. Lmao, ahh you made me giggle :3
    Hahha yup

Extorris
    Array

@jt dunn, you should also look at implementing backup functions into your editors when you get started. There is sample source in the programming section I think. Always worth looking at. Very handy feature too.

Xbox 360:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Haven's Warrior lv5

Array
    Twitter: @

unless you can crack the encryption on the saves i wouldnt bother when it came to crc's and others i just gave up i think theres a tut on this site from mojobojo or pureiso about encryption in saves (on here too theres algorithm tool might help you) if i was you i would start with some old games to get the hang of it.
    Algorithm Tool V1.1.0.0 By Jappi88
    isolib and tuts
    hope this helps
    Last edited by actualmanx; 04-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5141 || Posts : 513 || Thanks : 304 || Thanked 123 Times in 75 Posts

My Trainers / Peek Poker Plugins

10. The Following User Says Thank You to actualmanx For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Sephiroth posted a wonderful video tutorial that got me started. I think the account that made the video was banned though, so the video doesn't exist anymore (very sadly, as it was a great one that explained what everything that you were doing meant instead of just telling you what to type). Most other video tutorials either use text boxes to talk to the viewer (a personal pet peeve that I can never seem to get past) and play really stupid music. The only other complete youtube tutorial I could find where the guy talks is one I would advise you not to watch unless you want to be more confused than you were (the guy keeps stumbling and messing up yet he continues with his shoot instead of just starting over) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=u0CHQTgLgbw.

The best thing you can do is look at those sample sources that Ren mentioned. If you have Teamviewer and Skype (and a microphone preferably), I wouldn't mind helping you learn what the little lines of code mean, which will be easier to explain if you already have some experience with VB (which you do).
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post: