360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Do some of the 360 game save editors work as well on their PC?
Register
    Array

Do some of the 360 game save editors work as well on their PC?

Hey devs,

Just a curious question do some of the 360 games save editors out there would work as well on their PC version of the same title?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question :)

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Re: Do some of the 360 game save editors work as well on their PC?

Only the ones that are stated that they work with PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to matthewjohn For This Useful Post:

Array

Thanks for replying!

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by BoomShadow View Post
    Thanks for replying!
    np mate :)

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjohn View Post
    Only the ones that are stated that they work with PC
    Basically this. The 360 tends to prefer the big endian byte order, while the PC has almost always used the little endian byte order. So basically it depends on if the 360 version of a game uses big endian or little endian. The 360 versions of Oblivion and Assassin's Creed, for instance, both use little endian, so any editor that will work on the 360 versions will also work on the PC versions and vice versa. The 360 version of Sonic Adventure, however, uses big endian, so an editor won't be compatible between 360 and PC versions of the game.

I know there's no real way for the average user to tell which byte order a game uses at a glance. So as Matt said, as far as editors go, the developer will usually say so. I'm just explaining WHY some editors work for PC versions and some don't.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Basically this. The 360 tends to prefer the big endian byte order, while the PC has almost always used the little endian byte order. So basically it depends on if the 360 version of a game uses big endian or little endian. The 360 versions of Oblivion and Assassin's Creed, for instance, both use little endian, so any editor that will work on the 360 versions will also work on the PC versions and vice versa. The 360 version of Sonic Adventure, however, uses big endian, so an editor won't be compatible between 360 and PC versions of the game.

I know there's no real way for the average user to tell which byte order a game uses at a glance. So as Matt said, as far as editors go, the developer will usually say so. I'm just explaining WHY some editors work for PC versions and some don't.
    and have u knoticed with little endien on the 360 u have to reverse your bytes to find them in hex

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjohn View Post
    and have u knoticed with little endien on the 360 u have to reverse your bytes to find them in hex
    That's right. In fact, that's actually what little endian means. When using big endian a number might be 12 34 56 78, but with little endian it would be 78 56 34 12. It's the exact same number, just represented by a different byte order.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Lol yay me lol I'm just codeing a save editor where one offset is big edien and to bytes down my other offset is little endien and when it write it writes in reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk