360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Gameplay videos infringing copyright? What's your opinion?
Register

View Poll Results: What's your stance?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • These videos don't infringe any copyright!

12 100.00%
  • They are bad and should be removed from Youtube

0 0%
  • No idea.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Gameplay videos infringing copyright? What's your opinion?

So I was watching a video on youtube today about people uploading Gameplay videos (including myself), and I was wondering what everyone's stance on this here is.

Game companies claim it is copyright infringement when we upload videos showing part of the game. Personally I say it's bull, because they should honestly be happy we're showing off their game, that inspires people to buy the game themselves, thus allowing the company to make money again.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5847 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryudo For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Gameplay videos infringing copyright? What's your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    So I was watching a video on youtube today about people uploading Gameplay videos (including myself), and I was wondering what everyone's stance on this here is.

Game companies claim it is copyright infringement when we upload videos showing part of the game. Personally I say it's bull, because they should honestly be happy we're showing off their game, that inspires people to buy the game themselves, thus allowing the company to make money again.
    i agree completely, couldnt have said it better myself :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

SuperBlueHD

i know what you mean i just uploaded some horde gameplay of gears of war and they said i had to delete it that it was copyright your right they should be happy that we take time to
    make the videos

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

I think its completely stupid i kinda understand if the game is not out and all but if you buy a game its yours you should be able to upload videos of the gameplay

Array

Utter bull. How can there be infringement when we are uploading videos that we made, walkthroughs that we play? It's just like saying we can't upload a video showing us singing a song that is sang by an artist.

Extorris
    Array

As Original said, if it's not released yet, fair enough. However if you do indeed state that you are allowed to use it in regards to the Fair Use terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act. Should be fine.
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8110 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

Array

First of all, for the gaming companies this is FREE advertisement and from what I understand about copyright infringement, copyright infringement hinges on the fact that YOU the owner of the said game are selling illegal copies to other people, in this case other gamers. I do understand and respect that UNRELEASED games should not be posted, because that is leaking important information concerning a new game and merchandising new games can be quite expensive, however, posting a video of a game on YouTube to show something cool that you did, or a funny glitch that the gaming manufacturer missed is totally appropriate in my mind.

Secondly, if you do show a glitch on you tube as I stated above, it gives the gaming manufacturer an opportunity to actually see the glitch and not go off somebodies email and fix it.

If you were uploading the whole gaming file to a torrent website, that is a big no-no in my mind and should not be done, but in this case, its just game manufacturers being anal about their games.

aksparky

Inactive Member
    Array

This kinda goes back to us really not "owning" our games or consoles. Just BS corporate lawers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast