360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Armored Core For Answer modding idea!
Register
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Armored Core For Answer modding idea!

Alright, I'm gonna do one last big hurrah on modding this game.

So I've been fiddling around with the game save files, trying to edit the actual stats of my mech, for quite some time now (it was the first game I was interested in modding). I gave up after some time because I concluded that the actual stats were not on the save file; the only thing on the save file is which parts you have equipped and how your mech is tuned, and the game calculates the stats in real time based on these factors. In other words, the closest I've been able to get is to hack all my tuning to 255 (in-game max is 50). However, I'm not satisfied with this.

Since then, I've grown more experienced in hex editing and I think I'm ready to try one more time! As I said before, the stats aren't kept on the save file, they're calculated in real time based on the parts you have equipped. However, the stats CAN be edited in-game via tuning, which IS kept in the save file. In other words, the save doesn't keep track of the stats themselves, but rather of the increases made to them via tuning; say my base health is 10000 and I tune it in a way that adds 400, the save doesn't record 10400 it just records the 400.

So here's my theory: what if we've been looking for the wrong values? What if we could find that hypothetical 400 within the save data and edit it to be whatever we want? What if we could do this with every stat?

Of course, this is just a theory. I actually haven't tested too much of it yet. I mean, have you SEEN Armored Core's save structure? It's harder to navigate than the Wind Fish Egg! But I do plan on checking to see if my theory holds true (possibly tomorrow) and I plan to share my findings (whether they be good or bad) with this site. So, are there any other theories out there as to how we can do this? I'm open to suggestions. ^-^
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    Alright, so my fears were realized. Evidently, the stats are calculated 100% in real time, right down to the adjustments made via tuning. If you think about it, this game has the best security of all, since there isn't anything that can be edited stat-wise in the save files.

However, I did find something else. I found that editing which missions/rank fights are unlocked is possible, as well as which rank you have on them. I don't know if this pops any achievements or unlocks any parts, but I'll try to find out as soon as possible. I'll post my research when it gets finished.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Haven Donator

Array
    there is a editor for stats but missions does not really matter i have a blader with add ons and blade in 1.40 setting and beast everyone but only when they start talking @#$% i bring out this mech :)

Array
    Twitter: @
    Nice Idea....but time when i used to play AC4answer is far-far-far-far away from me))) The last time i played was like 1 and half year ago when i tested JizzaBeez currency editor xD
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5304 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 88 Times in 28 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Armored Core For Answer modding idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ytv View Post
    there is a editor for stats but missions does not really matter i have a blader with add ons and blade in 1.40 setting and beast everyone but only when they start talking @#$% i bring out this mech :)
    Same here; I also have an uber blader that I don't like to use unless somebody needs to be put in their place. ;)

The only editor that edits stats actually only edits the tuning of your mech; the max amount you can tune in-game is 50 per stat, but with hex editing you can take that to 255, or roughly five times the upgrade. Of course, this won't make you godlike, it will only give you a limited boost. My dream mod is one where you can have 99999 AP and an Assault Armor that covers the entire arena. Of course, it MAY be possible to edit which parts you have equipped; if there are any parts that are coded into the game but unequipable (maybe the Answerer's AR, for instance) it might be possible to mod that into the game. I haven't tested too far into equipment yet.

--Gamefaqs.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

klepto

Re: Armored Core For Answer modding idea!

Too bad, I'd love to be able to mod the hell out of this game. Ahh I miss the days of Codebreakers and Gamesharks..