360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Skyrim Horizon Problems -_-
Register
    riku123

Skyrim Horizon Problems -_-

FIXED:(read below for help if needed) hopefully someone can help me here, i followed a guide to make sure i did this right (http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/103-elde...-required.html)

After modding my game save on pc renamed it to Savegame.dat. I tried to put the files back into my .exs file but Horizon isn't letting me put my Savegame.dat back into(not replacing the file) it. It seems that i can not edit files on my usb, not sure though.

Whats wrong? and is there better editors or am i just messing up?
    Last edited by riku123; 01-07-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: problem solved!

Hoshikage

Array

Re: Skyrim Horizon Problems -_-

I am not really sure how horizon works but does it have a replace option? Maybe you new .dat file is too big?
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8242 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Vincent Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by riku123 View Post
    hopefully someone can help me here, i followed a guide to make sure i did this right (http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/103-elde...-required.html)

After modding my game save on pc renamed it to Savegame.dat. I tried to put the files back into my .exs file but Horizon isn't letting me put my Savegame.dat back into(not replacing the file) it. It seems that i can not edit files on my usb, not sure though.

The size of your .dat file has changed. Easy way to add it is buy using Modio 3.0 You can get it at game-tuts.com

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by oHORIZONSo View Post
    The size of your .dat file has changed. Easy way to add it is buy using Modio 3.0 You can get it at game-tuts.com
    Modio's STFS repair will do more damage than repair. (to most games, not all tho) I HIGHLY recommend not using Modio's "rehasher/resigner"

100% of the Time I would recommend 360 Revolution, Horizon and/or CONcept 3.0 (all of which will not corrupt ANY saves)

I speak only through experience and how alot of users all over these communities (especially at GT) who have had problems with save regardless if editors are being used or not -- stopped having issues once they stopped rehashing/resigning with Modio.

Quote Originally Posted by riku123 View Post
    hopefully someone can help me here, i followed a guide to make sure i did this right (http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/103-elde...-required.html)

To OP, make sure you "replace" the existing .dat ( renamed from .ess save that the PC can read) file within the .exs (xbox save). This could very well be the cause of your problem.

With Horzion you don't need to rename the save (within the CON) to Savegame.ess (if you just go to extract it and hit enter without renaming it, it will keep it's correct format rather then if you rename it will not keep its correct format until you state it when renaming it.

This method is mainly pertaining to the Console Commands that the PC version has which will allow you to mod the PC save which in turn will allow you to be used on your xbox by following this method.

I hope that helps and clears ALOT of things up. :)
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5874 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to slyfuldragon For This Useful Post:

Vincent Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by slyfuldragon View Post
    Modio's STFS repair will do more damage than repair. (to most games, not all tho) I HIGHLY recommend not using Modio's "rehasher/resigner"

100% of the Time I would recommend 360 Revolution, Horizon and/or CONcept 3.0 (all of which will not corrupt ANY saves)

I speak only through experience and how alot of users all over these communities (especially at GT) who have had problems with save regardless if editors are being used or not -- stopped having issues once they stopped rehashing/resigning with Modio.

To OP, make sure you "replace" the existing .ess (save that the PC can read ) file within the .exs (xbox save). There should not be a .dat file anywhere dealing with Skyrim saves. This could very well be the cause of your problem.

With Horzion you don't need to rename the save (within the CON) to Savegame.ess (if you just go to extract it and hit enter without renaming it, it will keep it's correct format rather then if you rename it will not keep its correct format until you state it when renaming it.

This method is mainly pertaining to the Console Commands that the PC version has which will allow you to mod the PC save which in turn will allow you to be used on your xbox by following this method.

I hope that helps and clears ALOT of things up. :)
    Oh well then use one of those that Sly listed

@Slyfuldragon: Well when i would get the error that the guy who made this topic got i would just use modio and it would work fine for me (no corruption or anything) but yes modio is garbage and since you know more AIO tools then ill use one of those now :P

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by oHORIZONSo View Post
    Oh well then use one of those that Sly listed

@Slyfuldragon: Well when i would get the error that the guy who made this topic got i would just use modio and it would work fine for me (no corruption or anything) but yes modio is garbage and since you know more AIO tools then ill use one of those now :P
    Its no problem (don't think I was trying to chew you out, because I wasn't lol), just looking out for you guys, Modio can be useful but as an everyday-all-saves rehasher/resigner, I would not recommend.

I know for a fact that 90% of the "Warriors" games are sensitive that when people tried to mod it and rehash using Modio they started blaming me for corrupting their save, when 100% of the time it was Modio's doing lol. That got me hated for the longest -- being blame for corruption when I had nothing to do with it. lol
    So it's no problem. :)
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5874 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

riku123

I got it working, i had to use modio.

I was replacing the files correctly but for some reason horizon was not allowing me to replace the old file nor delete it(my main problem). no idea what was going on. I used Concept 2.something(some old version lol) and often got corruption errors so im try to stay away from concept due to bad memories of long nights from being too stubborn to give up. thanks for the info everyone! im sure itll help others out as well.

and @slyfuldragon there is almost always a .dat inside the xbox .exs file. A lot of games have the actual data in the .dat while .exs is more of a shell to hold it, among other things. Could be wrong but thats what it seems like to me.
    Last edited by riku123; 01-07-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: add tag