[News] EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

http://gamingbolt.com/infamous-secon...tanfall-to-ps4

inFamous Second Son Leading Titanfall In Social Metrics, EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

With the release of Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall on the PC and Xbox One, you would think that Microsoft’s Xbox One would begin the counter-attack on the PS4. However, as the NPD’s February report indicates, there are already signs of the sales gap diminishing between the two consoles.

But that doesn’t mean Sony doesn’t have its own big game for March, namely Sucker Punch’s inFamous: Second Son. Industry insider Pete Dodd, also known as NeoGAF member famousmortimer, said that there’s plenty of excitement for the open world title.

“Don’t sleep on inFamous. The social metrics on that game are through the roof. Also… MLB The Show rarely breaks a million units, but it sells hardware.”

On being asked to explain the metrics, Dodd listed YouTube numbers. “YouTube views. Twitter mentions. Preorders.

“Second Son – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh…hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm – Published March 7th. 4.7 million views.

“To find anything even close on Titanfall’s YouTube you have to go back to October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiI…L4x2BH_VlzON5V – 2.3 million views. Their E3 video is just over 3 million. Their ‘official gameplay launch trailer’ which is a week old… 194k.

“People give a f**k about inFamous. I’m not speaking about quality in the slightest. I have and absolutely love Titanfall. I’m just saying, and the person who clued me into this is very much with Microsoft, but don’t sleep on inFamous. Titanfall is dominating the media but inFamous is dominating things where the consumer makes the choice (like YouTube, Twitter, etc) and not editors.

When told that Ryse: Son of Rome’s live action spot has the same number of views as the inFamous video, Dodd responded that, “The same amount of views since October vs the same amount of views from 2 weeks ago. You don’t think there is a difference there? Someone with marketing knowledge needs to get up in this bitch. They have this shit down to a science right now. I am not one of those people, but I’ve talked to them. They all say ‘DONT SLEEP ON INFAMOUS!’

He also revealed that EA are apparently ‘sorry’ to Sony for not bringing Titanfall for the PS4/PS3.

“Sony also used it’s own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the ps3 and ps4. The money EA took from MS doesn’t even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed. EA is in full ‘We’re so f**king sorry, Sony’ mode currently. Also, Titanfall Xbox 360 is 30 fps. That’s just for free for reading my post.”

inFamous: Second Son is releasing on March 21st worldwide for the PlayStation 4 so we’ll get a chance to see just how well it measures up to Titanfall in sales. Which do you think will prevail? Let us know below.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8580 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Saint Warrior
    scorpionnet

Array

Re: EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

Good shared Sterling Archer
    Downloads : 38 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8032 || Posts : 3,323 || Thanks : 413 || Thanked 438 Times in 391 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

EA's "sorry". Sure they are.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorevibe View Post
    EA's "sorry". Sure they are.
    I believe they're being "sorry" to themselves for losing the potential revenue for not releasing Titanfall on the Sony consoles.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5009 || Posts : 134 || Thanks : 130 || Thanked 40 Times in 12 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @

First time I read this a few days ago I was not surprise I knew they were gonna regret not releasing TitanFall on ps4/ps3 the was EA biggest mistake but at least we now know where part 2 is coming to :D
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15492 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts