360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Help with Modding Dungeon Defenders
Register
    JohnnyLongHoze

Help with Modding Dungeon Defenders

Hello all, I know i'm new to the site but i've run into a problem modding Dungeon Defenders. I've got all the correct programs, Modio, wxPirs, Fairchild's Tool, and Hex Workshop. I can pull the file, decompress, edit items with Hex Workshop, however, when i check the item's stats in Hex Workshop before i mod anything some of the stats aren't matching up with what they shop in-game. I understand that 7F (127) is base zero, however, the physical damage, lightning damage, shots per second, and ammo do not match up, everything else does. Also, even after modding an item, saving the file, re-compressing, renaming the file (deleting the .rebuilt extension), then injecting the file back into the save game and rehashing, I try to load the game and there are absolutely NO item changes. Am I missing a step or simply skipping one? I've read and re-read every tutorial I can find and still can't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

chrisicoogan

Re: Help with Modding Dungeon Defenders

Hey, i was wondering if you were ever able to figure this out? let me know. Thanks.

erikomg

you may want to try to limit how many items you have on you or in your inventory, if you can drop the items in the tavern and keep only one or two items with you that you want to mod. the less items the easier i find. also if you mod a gun make sure your huntress was the last character you used... im not sure if that makes a difference or not but i read that off one of the other forums. still new to this way of modding so if i find anything more ill let you know

chrisicoogan

Quote Originally Posted by erikomg View Post
    you may want to try to limit how many items you have on you or in your inventory, if you can drop the items in the tavern and keep only one or two items with you that you want to mod. the less items the easier i find. also if you mod a gun make sure your huntress was the last character you used... im not sure if that makes a difference or not but i read that off one of the other forums. still new to this way of modding so if i find anything more ill let you know
    Im guessing you were able to figure this out? hmmm yeah im still having alot of trouble.

Gfx Artist

Array

some weapons have a damage that they start at, that is not shown on teh hex string that the weapon would be on, example-

the soul focuser can start with 20 base damage (the hex representing the base damage can still be 00 00 00 00, even tho the weapon in game has damage on it) another area that this happens in is the clip size.

just remeber, if you are looknig for a certain weapon/item if you DO NOT have any items on your tavern floor the last item you picked up will be the last item before the shop items (if you haven't bought any pets out of ur shop before you go to mod it ther will b 3 pets in the shop) <- easy wat to find it. or max out (in-game) any items you are wanting to mod, then name then something random taht you can search for in your hex editor to find the weapon you are trying to find.
    i hope i helped :)
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4737 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Ramner

I would like to learn to mod I have trued but with no luck. I have given up on modding but maybe with some help I could figure it out. If you could tell me whats the best programs to use for a beginner. And we could go from there.