360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
How to edit Crysis 2 [profile.xml]
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DEADBEEF

Array

How to edit Crysis 2 [profile.xml]

Since there are a bajillion (that's a lot) threads about Crysis2 and none really tell how to edit the gamesave I decided to make a new thread...

1. First you get your Crysis2 gamesave from your MU.
    2. Then extract the "profile.xml" file from the gamesave.
    3. Then you will need the Crysis 2 Toolkit by fairchild. It is used to decrypt and encrypt the files in the gamesave. Review his thread and learn how to use his tool and command prompt!
    4. After decrypting the "profile.xml" file you can then edit anything you want in it.
    -weapons
    -attachments
    -levels (and by difficulty)
    -emails
    -souvenirs
    -flashbacks
    -dog tags
    -music
    -videos
    -car keys
    -etc.

Here is how to unlock most of the items. You'd simply change value="0" to value="1":
    *Note: Be aware of what value the item uses representing "unlocked". Some use "1" and some use "2" (not sure why).
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_AttachmentUnlocked/mike"   value="1"/>
    For a few things you have to put the item name and unlocked like this (these are 13/15 weapon attachments. For some reason I can't get the last 2.):
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_AttachmentUnlocked"    value="AssaultScope,1,Detonator,1,ExtendedClip,1,GaussAttachment,1,GrenadeLauncher,1,GrendelIronsight,1,KVoltIronsight,1,LaserSight,1,LightShotgun,1,MK60Ironsight,1,PistolLaserSight,1,Reflex,1,ScarabIronsight,1,Silencer,1,SilencerPistol,1,Single,1,SniperScope,1,"/>
    And for level difficulties, you'd have the name and the "unlocked" value represents the difficulty completed like:
    -"1" = Recruit
    -"2" = Normal
    -"3" = Veteran
    -"4" = Super Soldier
    (these are all levels completed on Super Soldier)
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPLevelByDifficulty"   value="alienvessel,4,batterypark,4,bryantpark,4,centralpark,4,centralstation,4,cityhall,4,convoy,4,downtown,4,fdr,4,floodedstreets,4,hive,4,intro,4,madisonsquare,4,prism,4,roosevelt,4,spear,4,terminal,4,timessquare,4,warehouse,4,"/>
    If the line of code is for a count of something then the number can be whatever you want or need for a specific achievement, like "Slide Kills". Just be sure to set the number one less than what the achievement calls for to unlock and then get one more in-game to get the achievement. In some cases if you set the number higher then the achievement won't unlock because it thinks it already has...

Here is the line for the Nano Suit points (change the "value" to whatever):
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EIPS_AlienEnergyCollected"  value="99999"/>
    Here are the lines for all collectibles:
    -Dog Tags
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPDogtagsByCharacter"   value="dogtag_alcatraz,2,dogtag_barclay,2,dogtag_cell,2,dogtag_chino,2,dogtag_civilians,2,dogtag_gould,2,dogtag_grunt,2,dogtag_hargreave,2,dogtag_heavy,2,dogtag_infected,2,dogtag_lockhart,2,dogtag_marines,2,dogtag_pinger,2,dogtag_prophet,2,dogtag_stalker,2,dogtag_tara,2,dogtag_tick,2,"/>
    -Email
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPEmailByName"   value="email_collectible_01,2,email_collectible_02,2,email_collectible_03,2,email_collectible_04,2,email_collectible_05,2,email_collectible_06,2,email_collectible_07,2,email_collectible_08,2,email_collectible_09,2,email_collectible_10,2,"/>
    -Flashbacks
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPFlashbacksByName"   value="flashback_01,2,flashback_02,2,flashback_03,2,flashback_04,2,flashback_05,2,flashback_06,2,flashback_07,2,prophetsjourney,2,"/>
    -Car Keys
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPKeysByVehicle"   value="carkey_alien_dropship,2,carkey_alien_gunship,2,carkey_cell_apc,2,carkey_cell_helicopter,2,carkey_cell_ltv,2,carkey_civilian_vehicles,2,carkey_marine_icv,2,carkey_marine_ltv,2,carkey_ny_bus,2,carkey_ny_firetruck,2,carkey_ny_taxi,2,"/>
    -Levels (by Difficulty)
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPLevelByDifficulty"   value="alienvessel,4,batterypark,4,bryantpark,4,centralpark,4,centralstation,4,cityhall,4,convoy,4,downtown,4,fdr,4,floodedstreets,4,hive,4,intro,4,madisonsquare,4,prism,4,roosevelt,4,spear,4,terminal,4,timessquare,4,warehouse,4,"/>
    -Music
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPMusicByName"   value="music_alienvessel_01,2,music_alienvessel_02,2,music_batterypark_01,2,music_batterypark_02,2,music_bryantpark_01,2,music_bryantpark_02,2,music_centralpark_01,2,music_centralpark_02,2,music_centralpark_03,2,music_centralstation_01,2,music_centralstation_02,2,music_cityhall_01,2,music_cityhall_02,2,music_convoy_01,2,music_convoy_02,2,music_downtown_01,2,music_downtown_02,2,music_fdr_01,2,music_fdr_02,2,music_floodedstreets_01,2,music_floodedstreets_02,2,music_hive_01,2,music_hive_02,2,music_intro_01,2,music_madisonsquare_01,2,music_madisonsquare_02,2,music_prism_01,2,music_prism_02,2,music_roosevelt_01,2,music_roosevelt_02,2,music_roosevelt_03,2,music_spear_01,2,music_spear_02,2,music_spear_03,2,music_terminal_01,2,music_terminal_02,2,music_timessquare_01,2,music_timessquare_02,2,music_timessquare_03,2,music_warehouse_01,2,music_warehouse_02,2,music_warehouse_03,2,"/>
    -Souvenirs
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPSouvenirsByLevel"   value="alienvessel,2,batterypark,2,bryantpark,2,centralpark,2,centralstation,2,cityhall,2,convoy,2,downtown,2,fdr,2,floodedstreets,2,hive,2,madisonsquare,2,prism,2,roosevelt,2,spear,2,terminal,2,timessquare,2,warehouse,2,"/>
    -Speed Cameras
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPSpeedCameraByName"   value="speed_camera_1,1,speed_camera_10,1,speed_camera_2,1,speed_camera_3,1,speed_camera_4,1,speed_camera_5,1,speed_camera_6,1,speed_camera_7,1,speed_camera_8,1,speed_camera_9,1,"/>
    -Videos
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPVideoByName"   value="alienvessel,2,batterypark,2,bryantpark,2,centralpark,2,centralstation,2,cityhall,2,convoy,2,downtown,2,fdr,2,floodedstreets,2,gameresolution,2,hive,2,intro,2,madisonsquare,2,nanosuit_showroom,1,prism,2,prism2,1,roosevelt,2,spear,2,terminal,2,timessquare,2,warehouse,2,"/>
    5. After editing the decrypted "profile.xml" file encrypt it back with the Toolkit.
    6. And then replace the file in the gamesave with the newly edited/encrypted one.
    7. Finally, rehash and resign the gamesave.

Well that's the basics of it. Most things can be unlocked and edited by these tips.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to JizzaBeez For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @
    how about the nano points?
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8558 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

DEADBEEF

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    how about the nano points?
    Did you even read the post?

Here is the line for the Nano Suit points (change the "value" to whatever):
    Code:
    <Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EIPS_AlienEnergyCollected"  value="99999"/>

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @
    i just went through it. i didnt even see it the first time.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8558 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Array
    Probably a really noobish question but i've managed to decrypt my profile.xml how do I edit it?

DEADBEEF

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonChild View Post
    Probably a really noobish question but i've managed to decrypt my profile.xml how do I edit it?
    Open the file in Notepad or any text editor. This program Notepad++ is much better than the regular Windows Notepad, it supports many different code languages and makes editing a lot easier.

VIP Member
    Array
    Really nice.
    I thought they store that info inside the Profile ... looks like Im wrong :-/

majorspawn
    Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    5. After editing the decrypted "profile.xml" file encrypt it back with the Toolkit.
    6. And then replace the file in the gamesave with the newly edited/encrypted one.
    7. Finally, rehash and resign the gamesave.
    using version 1.1 of the toolkit, can follow all steps until step 5. When the tool encrypts the file back up the output file in only 1kb in size, decryption / editing in notepad ++is okay etc. Anyone having this problem?
    i have attached my modified profile file here:
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...4078#post14078

Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    Did you even read the post?
    Has anyone actually successfully modified their profile.xml?
    I have modded just the nanos as per above, encrypted and injected back to the crysis2 file using Le fluffie (modio didnt work). The game resumes from my last save point however the nanos revert back to 0 and unlocked abilities all lock. Are these changes only applicable to a new game?
    can someone please clarify from their own experiance?
    Last edited by JizzaBeez; 05-09-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: merged posts

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast