360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
I'm a bit worried about modding/editing a Brink save...
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mister Epic

I'm a bit worried about modding/editing a Brink save...

Have a feeling that even if we get past the checksum, there is still the anti-cheat system to get past online and I'm also afraid that if we take our modded characters online, we will get banned.

Normally, I'm not worried about such things because I successfully took a few modded Borderlands characters online before without problems, but that was different. (Not much security/anti-cheat system on that one.)

With Shooters/First Person Shooters, people tend to notice these things more easily and report people.

The most basic solution is to not go online with those characters, but that'd be a little less fun.

I know before I said I don't condone of online cheating and that still holds true, but that's more in regards to things like "God Mode, Infinite Health, Infinite Ammo, Auto-aim" and etc.

All I really want to do is unlock every single ability for each class instead of being limited and that's it.

Think the anti-cheat system will cause any problems for us or get us banned?

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: I'm a bit worried about modding/editing a Brink save...

Think the anti-cheat system will cause any problems for us or get us banned?
    [Y][e][s]
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9382 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

Mister Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    [Y][e][s]
    Well, the reason I'm asking is because sometimes we've managed to find a way around these kind of things or go unnoticed by others.

Damn, this sucks...

Hoshikage

Array

What ever you earn offline works online as long as you don't have God mode or something silly like that online. On the PC version multiplayer is through steam and you know what they are like. ISO modding should be easy as soon as I get my hands on a tool to unpack the .sdpk2.

PS3 version is zlib I think while the pc and xbox version is lzx whatever they are.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8220 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Mister Epic

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    What ever you earn offline works online as long as you don't have God mode or something silly like that online. On the PC version multiplayer is through steam and you know what they are like. ISO modding should be easy as soon as I get my hands on a tool to unpack the .sdpk2.

PS3 version is zlib I think while the pc and xbox version is lzx whatever they are.
    I dunno about that ISO modding stuff or what Steam is like. (Not a big PC gamer, but do play some games on PC and plan to get Diablo III when it comes out.) I am using a retail Xbox and am mostly talking about modding the saves.

Whether online or offline, there are only 20 levels in the game, 5 ranks. For each level up, you get only 1 point to use to buy abilities. And you only get 20 levels, so that's 20 points. Not enough to buy every single ability for each class, which is what I'd like to mod/edit. THAT is what I'm worried about going online with and getting caught. Unless other people can't see your abilities, in which case I guess it should be find.

That and I would hope the anti-cheat system doesn't detect it.

What are your thoughts and opinions on it PureIso?

Lifetime Stealth baby ;)
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

I would love to see some iso mods for this game id donate to the creator of a iso mod for brink :)
    Downloads : 183 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5416 || Posts : 521 || Thanks : 506 || Thanked 221 Times in 83 Posts

Thanks Original Boss your a beast!

Advanced Member
    Array

As far as i know it depend on which game you are trying to get the mod to online i did few games mod online haven't got ban yet on the other hand call of duty if anyone try to mod the GPD and try it online they will eventually get ban.
    Downloads : 32 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 4936 || Posts : 68 || Thanks : 24 || Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

My Tutorials
    Fable 3 Mod Guild Seals Hex Edit: Download
    Two Worlds 1 Modding Tutorial Hex Edit: Download
    The Last Remnant Hex Edit: Download

Mister Epic

Quote Originally Posted by kals9 View Post
    As far as i know it depend on which game you are trying to get the mod to online i did few games mod online haven't got ban yet on the other hand call of duty if anyone try to mod the GPD and try it online they will eventually get ban.
    WHOA! Trippy signature, man!

I like looking at stuff like that.

But yeah, I see your point. Think it would be worth it to try our hand and risk the fates with this game?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast