360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
GTA 5 Will Have Three Playable Characters, Will Be Rockstar's Biggest Game Yet
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array
    Twitter: @

Shout 2 GTA 5 Will Have Three Playable Characters, Will Be Rockstar's Biggest Game Yet

The open world gameplay of Grand Theft Auto V will take a bit of a curve from previous games in the series. Instead of taking control of one character and progressing through the game in a set storyline, players will actually be in control of three characters.

The new issue of GameInformer (set to drop digitally later today) details everything you need to know about Rockstar's self-proclaimed largest open-world game to date, following up on the newest screenshot Rockstar sent out earlier today. One confirmed bit of news comes courtesy of the cover of GameInformer, which showcases three very different characters strutting their stuff to the tune of a brightly colored city hanging in the backdrop.

A lot of speculation was hinging on the premise of multiple playable characters, and it turns out that said speculation was true. Players will be able to strategically use each character, and GameInformer will detail how these characters can be used in their 18 page spread. As many rumors suggested, there would be an Italian-type playable character, the older guy narrating in the first trailer, as well as the black guy who we've seen in a couple of shots, and I don't know about that third guy who looks a little creepy.

What's more is that gamers need not worry about the size of Los Santos, as it will be, to quote, “the biggest open-world Rockstar has created to date”. And unlike all those other rumors, those words don't lie.

My only concern about this news is: How will this fit on a single Xbox 360 disc? The last game, GTA IV, was brimming at the edges in terms of data size and some media content was removed from the 360 version for compression reasons. How on Earth can Rockstar make the game bigger, better looking and have three main characters and fit it all on a single disc? There's just no way unless Rockstar does what 343 and Ubisoft did and separate the disc based on content? Maybe one disc for multiplayer and another for single player? Or maybe separate the discs per each campaign? It's anyone's guess.

Hopefully GTA V isn't gimped due to the limited space of DVD9. I'd hate for one of the biggest game experiences of the generation to have to suffer lots of limited content to accommodate outdated hardware.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4977 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 271 || Thanked 100 Times in 56 Posts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D3VILB3HINDYOU For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: GTA 5 Will Have Three Playable Characters, Will Be Rockstar's Biggest Game Yet

nice share bro, and i still want to be that guy in your sig >.> lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24454 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: GTA 5 Will Have Three Playable Characters, Will Be Rockstar's Biggest Game Yet

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    nice share bro, and i still want to be that guy in your sig >.> lol
    Lmfao, who wouldn't? All those wet girls surrounding him!
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4977 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 271 || Thanked 100 Times in 56 Posts

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

i hope we get a better collectors edition & it better have a steelbook case...
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8577 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

This might be one of the best selling games of all time when its released i personally can not wait for the PC version i love GTA i still play on GTA4 on my PC with tons of mods its awesome especially with the graphics mod and texture mod

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    i hope we get a better collectors edition & it better have a steelbook case...
    I hope so too. I can't wait for this game! I already paid mine off!

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    This might be one of the best selling games of all time when its released i personally can not wait for the PC version i love GTA i still play on GTA4 on my PC with tons of mods its awesome especially with the graphics mod and texture mod
    It has the potential but I don't think it's simple enough for the dumb gamers haha.

Retired Staff

Array
    Nice great share bro :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15489 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Demon

Array

Just finished reading the 18 pages about gta v, wow, I really can't wait for this game. I think the three characters could work good, it will add some more replay value to the game and add a bit of tactical opportunities on heists/missions etc. First thing I'm going to do though is explore, they said the map is bigger than GTA IV, GTA: SA, and RDR combined, with room to spare, lol. Full 18 hole golf course sounds kind of fun too, I like the little mini-games like the bowling and stuff for a break.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5453 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast