360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
The Wii Outsells Its Successor In 2013
Register
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

The Wii Outsells Its Successor In 2013

It appears that, despite promises to the contrary, Nintendo may be in a sticky situation with their latest console release. Though the Nintendo 3DS suffered from poor reception at first largely due to its high price tag, Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata made a statement reassuring their fans (and stockholders) that the Wii U would not suffer the same fate and that Nintendo wouldn’t “make the same mistakes that [they] did with the 3DS…”

Well that statement was made about a year ago, and here we are with sales figures suggesting the exact opposite. The Wii, that six-year old console that lacks HD-support and has been available since 2006, managed to outsell Nintendo’s brand-new Wii U console for the first and second quarter in 2013. One could argue that it’s the lower price point of the Wii causing this “cannibalization” of their new home console- and that person would probably be right. But what’s even more worrisome is the overall huge drop in sales the Wii U saw from its launch to this year.

So is the Wii U going to need a price cut to survive just as the 3DS did?? All that is certain is that Nintendo needs to do something to ensure its home console can be competitive this holiday season! Sound off in the comments!
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18426 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: The Wii Outsells Its Successor In 2013

damn wii u is really struggling but doesn't surprise me since when the wii u came out there was not many great games, and there still isn't IMO lol, but once of the games we all have been waiting for like New Super Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, New Link etc start coming out it should sell better think lol, i still can't believe that people are still buying the wii lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Retired Staff

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    damn wii u is really struggling but doesn't surprise me since when the wii u came out there was not many great games, and there still isn't IMO lol, but once of the games we all have been waiting for like New Super Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, New Link etc start coming out it should sell better think lol, i still can't believe that people are still buying the wii lol
    You can't believe that people are still buying the Wii Cloud the wii is a great system it should be other way around i can't believe people are still buying the Wii U lol n as you can clearly see on the chart the 1Q n 2Q of 2013 the wii u sold less n less n with this 2 monsters coming out in the next 3 months the Wii U will be the last thing in our minds for the next 10 years I feel sorry for Nintendo which is slowly fading out just like it happen to Sega before it when out of the system business so by now we all know where nintendo is heading.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15497 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by thegutta View Post
    You can't believe that people are still buying the Wii Cloud the wii is a great system it should be other way around i can't believe people are still buying the Wii U lol n as you can clearly see on the chart the 1Q n 2Q of 2013 the wii u sold less n less n with this 2 monsters coming out in the next 3 months the Wii U will be the last thing in our minds for the next 10 years I feel sorry for Nintendo which is slowly fading out just like it happen to Sega before it when out of the system business so by now we all know where nintendo is heading.
    sorry i disagree the wii only had i few select games that were great, all other games would have been way better on 360 or ps3, also i seriously doubt Nintendo is going anywhere anytime soon, they will get the sells they need, just look at the 3ds, regardless of what anyone says the 3ds is doing great and it has some cool games too
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Retired Staff

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    sorry i disagree the wii only had i few select games that were great, all other games would have been way better on 360 or ps3, also i seriously doubt Nintendo is going anywhere anytime soon, they will get the sells they need, just look at the 3ds, regardless of what anyone says the 3ds is doing great and it has some cool games too
    They will get the sells they need when Cloud when Sony n Microsoft disappear out of thin air lol do you think all the money gamers are saving right now is to buy a wii u or a 3ds or there titles hell no you think Bayonetta 2 n smash brothers are not gonna save a fortune 500 company with thousands of employes those two games are not gonna pay all theres bills take care of there families admit it Cloud Nintendo is not going any where in the next 6 to 7 years with those two beast on the way with WAYYY better titles then nintendo you think ill be think about Bayonetta 2 while I'm playing The Division on Ps4 you think ill be thinking of super smash brothers when I'm playing killzone shadow fall, Infamous Second Son Hell no Nintendo will be the last thing on my mind n for millions others.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15497 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by thegutta View Post
    They will get the sells they need when Cloud when Sony n Microsoft disappear out of thin air lol do you think all the money gamers are saving right now is to buy a wii u or a 3ds or there titles hell no you think Bayonetta 2 n smash brothers are not gonna save a fortune 500 company with thousands of employes those two games are not gonna pay all theres bills take care of there families admit it Cloud Nintendo is not going any where in the next 6 to 7 years with those two beast on the way with WAYYY better titles then nintendo you think ill be think about Bayonetta 2 while I'm playing The Division on Ps4 you think ill be thinking of super smash brothers when I'm playing killzone shadow fall, Infamous Second Son Hell no Nintendo will be the last thing on my mind n for millions others.
    there are more then just two games :P, you obviously didn't see all the new games Nintendo is going to be coming out with, i personally i don't want any of the three companys to go away, as far as im concern each company has their pros and cons, no one company is better then the rest no matter what anyone says, im just saying that nintendo has been here for a long time i dont think they will just fade away that easily